Top rated Estate & Trust Litigation attorney in Pasadena, CaliforniaLaw Offices of Russell M. Ozawa
Practice Areas: Estate & Trust Litigation, Estate Planning & Probate, Elder Law; view more
Licensed in California since: 2010
Education: University of San Francisco School of Law
Law Offices of Russell M. Ozawa680 East Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101 Visit website
Attorney Russell M. Ozawa is the principal of the Law Offices of Russell M. Ozawa, located in Pasadena, California. Mr. Ozawa has more than 10 years of total legal experience, and he provides exceptional counsel and support to trustees, administrators and executors, conservators, and beneficiaries across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Trust and estate litigation
· Conservatorship litigation
· Trust administration
· Conservatorship administration
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Ozawa has gained significant experience handling a wide range of trust- and estate-related legal disputes, including breach of trust actions, trust and will contests, accounting contests, undue influence claims, misappropriation of assets from trusts and estates, disputes regarding distributions, and disputes between trustees and beneficiaries. Additionally, he has extensive experience with handling civil litigation matters for a variety of legal disputes, including financial elder abuse, financial fraud, breaches of contract, real property disputes, and breaches of fiduciary duty.
From his efforts, Mr. Ozawa has achieved a long record of securing successful results for his clients both inside and outside the courtroom, and he has recovered substantial settlements and verdicts for those he has served. Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2005 graduate of the University of California San Diego, Mr. Ozawa attended the University of San Francisco School of Law, where he was a member of the USF Law Review and active participant in the National Moot Court Competition. He was placed as a finalist and won Second Best Brief at the National Moot Court Competition in 2010, and he won Third Best Brief in the Roger J. Traynor California Appellate Moot Court Competition as well as Best Brief in the University of San Francisco Appellate Advocacy competition. Mr. Ozawa also received the CALI Award for Excellence in Partnership Taxation, and he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2010. He is admitted to practice in California state courts and before the U.S. District Court for the Central and Southern Districts of California and the U.S. Tax Court.
Practice areasEstate & Trust Litigation, Estate Planning & Probate, Elder Law
Guardianships & Conservatorships, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts
- 50% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 40% Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Elder Law
First Admitted: 2010, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.rmozawalaw.com/attorney/ozawa-russell-m/
- University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, B.S., Bachelor of Science – 2005, Major: Management Science
- Honors: National Moot Court Competition, Roger J. Traynor California Appellate Moot Court Competition, University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- CALI Award for Excellence in Partnership Taxation, 2009
- Best Brief, University of San Francisco Appellate Advocacy, 2009
- National Finalist and Second Best Brief, National Moot Court Competition, 2010
- Third Best Brief, Roger J. Traynor California Appellate Moot Court Competition, 2010
- U.S.F. Law Review, University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Elder Law: Basics of Elder Law from A-Z (LawReviewCle), 2013 – Present
- Third-Party Federal Tax Liens and Levies and How to Fight Them (Co-Author with David Lee Rice, Esq., and Dennis N. Brager, Esq.) (CCH Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure, December 2012-January 2013)
- The Kindler and Gentler IRS Is Targeting E-File Practitioners—Are You in Compliance? (Co-Author with David Lee Rice, Esq.) (CCH Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure, December 2011-January 2012)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2011
- U.S. Tax Court, 2011
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2011
- California, 2010
Office location for Russell Ozawa
680 East Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2020