Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Pasadena, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2004 - 2014
Simon Aval is a trial attorney with over 20 years of legal experience. He is the founder of Simon Aval Attorney at Law in Pasadena, California, and represents clients in the Los Angeles metropolitan area and throughout Los Angeles and surrounding Counties in various matters.
Mr. Aval has experience with clients facing major felony criminal, charges including drug crimes, murder and sex crimes. He also handles select cases involving federal and white collar crimes. He has substantial criminal defense law knowledge and experience, which allows him to provide the best possible defense to his clients, fighting for reduced or dismissed charges.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Aval has conducted over 150 jury trials and worked on numerous high-profile cases resulting in successful verdicts for his clients. He is certified in criminal law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization program. His accomplishments have earned him recognition by publications such as the Daily Journal, which named him one of the “top 20 lawyers under the age of 40” in 2006.
Prior to founding his own criminal defense practice, Mr. Aval interned at the law offices of Los Angeles County Public Defender. He subsequently practiced with a seasoned criminal defense attorney, where he developed and refined his trial skills.
Mr. Aval became qualified to appear before all California state courts in 1999. During his time in practice, he has appeared before courts, including the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S District Court for the Central District of California.
- 60%Criminal Defense
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Murder, Sex Offenses, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2004 - 2014
About Simon Aval
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.simonaval.com/attorney-profile/
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Criminal Indigent Appointment Panel - Grade V - Capital Case Qualified
- Admitting Guilt to My Criminal Attorney
- Defenses to an Alleged Charge of Hit-and-Run Accident
- Common Defenses to Serious Assault Charges
- Defending Alleged Charges of Child Pornography
- Common Types of Bail Bonds
- Rated ‘superb’ by AVVO Attorney Rating System
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star by Los Angeles Magazine for the years 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Voted as a top 20 Lawyer in the State of California under age of 40., Top 20 Lawyers Under 40, Daily Journal Legal Newspaper, 2006
- Certified Specialist in Criminal Law, Board of Legal Specialization State Bar of California, 2005
Last Updated: 5/15/2022