Top rated criminal defense attorney in Playa Vista, CaliforniaAhmadpour Law
A skilled practitioner with over 17 years of attorney experience, Sam Ahmadpour is the owner of the law firm bearing his name.
Mr. Ahmadpour excels in his respective practice areas. As a criminal law expert, Mr. Ahmadpour accepts a wide range of criminal defense matters, including but not limited to white collar crimes, DUI, sex crimes, cannabis and other drug issues, juvenile crimes, weapons offenses, assault and violent crimes, conspiracy, aiding and abetting, building and safety cases, and seized asset recovery. He also handles pre-filing and workplace investigations, cleansing and sealing of criminal records, and restraining orders. His restraining order practice includes workplace, conservator, domestic violence, and civil harassment restraining orders. Mr. Ahmadpour also represents and advocates for victims of crime pursuant to Marsy’s Law.
Before establishing Ahmadpour Law, Mr. Ahmadpour served as a prosecutor for over nine years, handling matters ranging from simple misdemeanors to complicated murders, including over 50 jury trials to verdict. Before leaving the largest prosecutorial agency in the nation for private practice, he was awarded “Los Angeles County Prosecutor of the Year” by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) for his work on People v. Wilkins, a DUI murder trial that received national attention.
While Mr. Ahmadpour prefers to keep his client’s matters out of the news, he has been featured in several media outlets such as CNN, LA Times, and Fox News
Mr. Ahmadpour differentiates from the competition in a variety of ways. His experience as a skilled prosecutor is invaluable in knowing his audience and tailoring the best strategy specific to the facts of the case and his client’s needs. In addition to earning a Juris Doctor (JD) with a concentration in Trial Advocacy from Loyola Law School (Los Angeles), the best law school trial advocacy program offered in the Western United States (as recognized by U.S. News and World Report), Mr. Ahmadpour also earned a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from UCLA Anderson. His accounting and finance background, coupled with his prosecutorial and trial experience make him an exceptional fit for even the most complicated and intricate white collar cases. Not afraid to think outside of the box, his approach made new law and set precedent as to vacating murder convictions and juvenile resentencing in the case of People v. Ramirez, a published case out of the Second District of the California Court of Appeal.
Mr. Ahmadpour is a firm believer in fairness and accountability. He also believes in second chances and the employability of ex-offenders. Mr. Ahmadpour is more than an attorney; he is a coach and mentor who wholeheartedly believes in his clients. He is most proud of the amazing results and success stories of his clients, many of whom he remains in contact with long after their legal issues have been resolved.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar, Administrative law
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, White collar crime, Licensing
- 70% Criminal defense
- 20% Criminal defense: white collar
- 10% Administrative law
First Admitted: 2004, California
Professional Webpage: https://ahmadpourlaw.com/sam-ahmadpour-attorney/
- State Bar of California
- Based on client satisfaction and reviews, Clients Choice Award, Avvo, 2015
- Based on client satisfaction and reviews., Client's Choice Award, Avvo, 2016
- Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile., The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Awarded for outstanding service, dedication, and excellence in Los Angeles County, Prosecutor of the Year, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), 2014
- Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile., The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- Awarded to the top trial lawyers from each state who are younger than the age of 40 exemplifying superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer., The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Awarded for seven years of service to the District Attorney's Office., Commendation, Los Angeles District Attorney Jackie Lacey, 2015
- The Youth Business Alliance (YBA) is a nonprofit organization that focuses on bringing critical 21st-century business skills and perspectives into disadvantaged school classrooms by providing a year-long after-school course ("Introduction to Business & Careers") to these students. Along with other business leaders from the community, I was proud to speak with and lead discussions with these promising students, 2015
- A proud graduate of UCLA Anderson's prestigious MBA program, 2019
Office location for Sam Ahmadpour
12130 Millennium Dr
Playa Vista, CA 90094
- Rising Stars: 2017