Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Pleasanton, CA
A family law attorney at Ross Family Law, P.C., Renee Ross represents clients in Pleasanton and Oakland, California, as well as the surrounding areas. Ms. Ross is a member of the prestigious American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). Designated by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a Certified Family Law specialist, Ms. Ross handles divorce cases, including domestic partnership dissolution, child custody and support, paternity, spousal support, high-asset and complex property division, litigation, and mediation assistance.
Admitted to practice in California, Ms. Ross has over 16 years of experience helping those who are dealing with emotional legal cases, and she is extensively involved in many pro bono activities. Ms. Ross was a volunteer attorney scorer for the Alameda County High School Mock Trial Competition, and a volunteer mentor, volunteer attorney and settlement commissioner for the Volunteer Legal Services Corporation of the Alameda County Bar Association.
After graduating cum laude from Mount St. Mary’s College, Ms. Ross attended the Golden Gate University School of Law, where she graduated cum laude again with a Juris Doctor in 2003. While in law school, she received several honors, including several semesters on the dean’s list and an award for excellence in research and writing. Ms. Ross was a contributor and assistant editor for the Golden Gate University Law Review.
Ms. Ross is a member of the San Francisco and East Bay mentoring programs, as well as a number of professional organizations, including the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom, the National LGBT Bar Association, The State Bar of California and the Alameda, Contra Costa, and San Francisco County Bar Associations. Elected chair of The State Bar of California’s Communications Committee, Ms. Ross also served as board member and treasurer for the Alameda County Earl Warren American Inn of Court and on the board of directors for the California Young Lawyers Association.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Women Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Women Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Women Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Women Northern California Super Lawyers
About Renee Ross
First Admitted: 2004, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.rossfamilylaw.com/attorneys/renee-ross/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Mentor, Alameda County Bar Association, Volunteer Legal Services Corporation, 2008 - Present
- Volunteer Attorney Scorer, Alameda County High School Mock Trial Competition
- Settlement Commissioner and Volunteer Attorney, Alameda County Bar Association, Volunteer Legal Services Corporation, 2008 - Present
- Renee is an active volunteer in the community and serves as a volunteer judge for the Tri-Valley Youth Court, a volunteer for the Alameda County Mock Trial Competition, and a volunteer attorney for the Alameda County Superior Court.
- Renee serves as Secretary of the AAML Northern California Board of Managers. She is a member of the AAML National Connections Task Force Committee. Renee also serves on the IAFL USA Chapter Board of Managers.
- Renee was nominated and appointed to serve on the Alameda County Bar Association's Judicial Appointments Evaluation Committee. Renee also served as a board member and treasurer for the Alameda County Earl Warren Inn of Court and on the Board of Directors for the California Young Lawyers Association.
- Renée Ross, Esq. is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, one of the country's most prestigious family law organizations. Renee is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California. Renee is a member of the State Bar of California and the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom. Renee serves on the Board of Directors of the Alameda County Family Law Association.
- Renee is a member of the Contra Costa County Bar Association, a member of the San Francisco County Bar Association, and a member of the Alameda County Bar Association.
- Renee regularly teaches continuing education courses in the family law community.
- Mount St. Mary's College, Cum laude graduate, Recipient of Merit Scholarships and Political Science Department Scholarship, 2000
- Renee attained her certification as a Specialist in Family Law through The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization in 2012, and is a member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (www.acfls.org)., 2012
- Family Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022