Stephen G. Opperwall
Top rated creditor debtor rights attorney in Pleasanton, CaliforniaLaw Offices of Stephen G. Opperwall
Practice Areas: Creditor debtor rights, Civil litigation, Bankruptcy view more
Licensed in California since: 1981
Education: Santa Clara University School of Law
Law Offices of Stephen G. Opperwall4900 Hopyard Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588 Phone: 925-417-0300 Email: Stephen G. Opperwall Visit website
Stephen G. Opperwall has 40 years of experience representing clients in civil lawsuits.
Mr. Opperwall was designated a Certified Specialist in Creditors' Rights beginning in 1997, a specialist designation that has been earned by only 8 attorneys in California.
Mr. Opperwall has also been named to the list of Super Lawyers of Northern California beginning in 2007, a list that is reserved for the top 5% of attorneys in their practice areas.
Mr. Opperwall has been named to the Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an exclusive group of attorneys who have recovered $2,000,000 or more for at least one client, something which Mr. Opperwall has done multiple times.
Mr. Opperwall has been named to the exclusive list of the Top 100 Bet-The-Company Litigators in commercial litigation, civil litigation, and high stakes litigation.
Mr. Opperwall represents clients in civil litigation focusing on creditors' rights, and also including a range of other issues in business, commercial law, and bankruptcy.
Practice areas include lawsuits involving creditors rights, debt collection, contracts, real property, fraud, secured transactions, bankruptcy, and other aspects of business law, commercial law, and bankruptcy law.
Mr. Opperwall has recovered many tens of millions of dollars for clients in the form of judgments, settlements, and recoveries, with multiple cases involving well in excess of $2,000,000.
Practice areasCreditor debtor rights: business, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Bankruptcy: business, Business litigation
First Admitted: 1981, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.opperwall.com/Attorney-Profile.aspx
- Representative clients are businesses and individuals who are owed money by another business or individual and need a lawyer and a lawsuit to use legal resources to recover what is owed. Representative clients also include individuals and businesses in business litigation and commercial litigation. Admitted to practice in California Superior Courts, California District Courts of Appeal, the California Supreme Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Courts and U.S. District Courts (for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California), the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Multiple multi-million dollar outcomes and settlements.
- Certified Specialist in Creditors Rights (by the American Board of Certification)
- Super Lawyers of Northern California
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum member
- Top 100 Bet-The-Company Litigators in: Bet-The-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, General Civil litigation, and High Stakes Litigation.
- School of Law, University of Santa Clara, Santa Clara, California, 1981
- Oxford University, Magdalen College., 1979
- Calvin University, 1975
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Creditors Rights
- Debt Collection
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2010, 2014 - 2023