Dean E. Johnson
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Redwood City, CA
- Free Consultation
Dean E. Johnson is a criminal defense attorney in Redwood City, California. The founder of the Law Offices of Dean Johnson, Mr. Johnson handles criminal matters involving drug charges, DUI charges, domestic violence, general misdemeanors, homicide, white collar crimes, criminal appeals and select civil litigation. He represents defendants throughout Redwood City.
Mr. Johnson uses his decades of experience to provide committed and dedicated representation to each client. Over the course of his career, he has successfully defended numerous individuals facing criminal charges, providing strong and aggressive representation. His clients have included athletes, celebrities, judges, federal agents and various professionals.
Highly recognized by the media, Mr. Johnson is a regular guest on several national news programs and serves as a legal analyst on ABC7 News in San Francisco. In addition, San Francisco magazine named him a “top attorney” multiple years in a row.
Mr. Johnson is an adjunct faculty member at Notre Dame de Namur University. As part of this role, he created a course on game theory, negotiation and strategic decision-making. He teaches this course at the university, as well as to business professionals and public officials. He is also a member of the San Mateo County Bar Association and serves as a state convention delegate.
After graduating from Yale University, where he majored in mathematics and philosophy, Mr. Johnson earned a master’s degree in political science from Columbia University. He went on to receive his law degree from New York University School of Law. He holds a license to practice law in all California state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
- 60%Criminal Defense
- 20%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Murder, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, White Collar Crime
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2015, 2019 - 2022
Articles about Dean E. Johnson appearing in Super Lawyers
- My Life as a Pundit (2006) - It's 3 a.m. on October 31, 2005. The cell phone rings on my nightstand. The assignment manager at Channel 7 gets right to the point: "Dean, Bush has just nominated Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. We need you in front of a camera by 4:30." Forty-five minutes later I have showered, dressed in the dark, and rendezvoused with a reporter and camera crew. Midway through putting on my makeup (yes, we do wear makeup, and yes, you do have to put it on yourself), it hits me. I am getting paid to stand in front of a television camera. I have become a pundit.
About Dean E. Johnson
First Admitted: 1980, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://www.deanjohnsonattorney.com/Attorney-Profile/
- B.A. Mathematics and Philosophy-Yale University M.A. Political Science-Columbia University M. Phil. Political Science-Columbia University J.D. New York University
- Columbia University, New York, New York, M.A. M. Phil. - 1977
- Selected to Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2015
- Top Attorney, San Francisco Magazine, 2011 - 2014
Other Outstanding Achievements
- I am the legal analyst for ABC-7 News in San Francisco. As a legal analyst, I have appeared on every broadcast and cable news network. My television credits include The Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN American morning and the CBS Evening News. My commentary on legal issues has appeared in publication ranging from the New York Times to People Magazine., 2004
- Dean is the Senior Lecturer in the Graduate School of Business Management of Notre Dame DuNamur University in Belmont California. He teaches Law and Ethics, Game Theory, Negotiation and Strategic Decision making. The courses incorporate Dean's unique approach to decision making, which is based upon mathematical game theory and behavioral economics., Teaching, Senior Lecturer, 2005
- Game Theory, Negotiation and Strategic Decision Making
- Adjunct Faculty of Notre Dame de Namur University
- Delegate to the California State Bar Convention representing San Mateo County, 2009
- San Mateo County Bar Association, State Convention Delegate, 2010 - Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1983
- California, 1983
- 7 live Interview with Dean Johnson on Airport Full Body Scans., Dean Johnson on TSA Screenings, 2010
- ABC’s legal analyst on the three randomly selected judges who will rule on the constitutionality of Proposition 8., Dean Johnson on Prop 8 hearing judges, 2010
- ABC7 Legal Analyst Dean Johnson previews Johannes Mehserle's hearing in LA., Dean Johnson previews Mehserle hearing, 2010
- CASE DISMISSED: Client sued an insurance company for bad faith after the company refused to honor a claim filed by client's company. Insurance company sought prosecution of client, his wife and his business partner for felony insurance fraud, claiming that client had lied in his insurance application. Case dismissed pretrial, opening the way for Dean's client to pursue a $4,000,000.00 civil suit against the insurance company, 2013
- CASE DISMISSED: Mr. Johnson obtained a dismissal in federal court for a client whose home was the target of a drug raid by Federal and State officers. Of nearly 40 defendants named in the case, Mr. Johnson's client was the only one who obtained a complete dismissal of all charges.
- CASE DISMISSED: A former firefighter returned from his vacation in Mexico. Customs agents searched his luggage and found a bag of white powder. When customs agents confronted the firefighter with the white powder. He said "you got me…it's meth." The firefighter retained Mr. Johnson. The case went to trial, and was dismissed mid-trial.
- CASE DISMISSED: A straight A student and President of his High School Class allegedly threatened a teacher. He was arrested and charged with "Terrorist Threats" in Juvenile Court. Mr. Johnson obtained a dismissal during the student's first court appearance.
- NOT GUILTY: Police conducted an early morning raid of a college student's home. The police seized the student's computer and charged him with possession of child pornography. The student retained Mr. Johnson. The case went to trial. Following Mr. Johnson's cross examination of the police's FBI trained computer expert, the judge acquitted the student on the spot.
- PRISON SENTENCE REDUCED: Client hired Mr. Johnson after being convicted of solicitation to commit murder. On appeal, Mr. Johnson convinced the Court of Appeal to reduce the client's sentence by two years.
- CASE DISMISSED-Customs Agents found five pounds of marijuana in client's luggage at local airport. Client, a qualified medical marijuana patient, was charged with interstate transportation of marijuana for sale and possession of marijuana for sale. Court dismissed all charges at preliminary hearing., 2017
- CASE DISMISSED: Mr. Johnson was retained to represent a local automobile dealer who was charged with felony sexual assault. A customer claimed that Mr. Johnson's client had attacked her during an after hours meeting in the client's office. The police claimed to have a tape-recorded confession. The DA offered the client six years in prison, to be followed by deportation from the United States. The client, dissatisfied with his first lawyer, retained Mr. Johnson to represent him. Mr. Johnson obtained a dismissal of al charges. The client is still in the United States and is now happily married.
- CASE DISMISSED: A blue-collar worker with no criminal record, was taking his morning walk. He was stopped by the California Highway Patrol. The CHP officers told him that a woman had accused him of indecent exposure. The "victim" identified the gentleman at the scene. W hired Mr. Johnson. The DA dismissed the case on the day of trial.
- From my neighborhood: https://t.co/8evwyC8s4k
- @spencerrascoff You want a competitor for Facebook? I have it. Won competition at Stanford for "Best New Business I… https://t.co/7SkxR0AONK
- Want an alternative to facebook? Try PunditNetwork. Social Media with a Conscience. Rewards its subscribers. Fights… https://t.co/EozVbHx0iQ
- Submit all requests through what?
- Preparing to launch @punditnetwork version 2.0.Taps Wisdom of Crowds to forecast TOMORROW'S news. 84.6% accurate in beta! Stay tuned.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022