Peter F. Goldscheider
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Redwood City, CaliforniaPeter F. Goldscheider Law Offices
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, Appellate, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in California since: 1972
Education: Stanford Law School
Peter F. Goldscheider Law Offices600 Allerton St
Redwood City, CA 94063 Visit website
Attorney Peter F. Goldscheider of the Law Offices of Peter F. Goldscheider in Palo Alto, California, practices criminal defense law. Handling all types of criminal defense matters, including DUI/DWI and white collar criminal defense, Mr. Goldscheider represents clients throughout the Palo Alto region.
Mr. Goldscheider earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Rochester, graduating cum laude, and went on to graduate from Stanford Law School. He has also been certified as a specialist in criminal law since 1981.
Mr. Goldscheider has been admitted to practice law in California since 1972 and is also admitted to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Goldscheider has held roles on various bar associations such as serving on the board of directors and client relations committee of the San Mateo County Bar Association. He also belongs to the Palo Alto Area Bar Association, the Santa Clara County Bar Association, the State Bar of California, the California Public Defenders Association and California Attorneys for Criminal Justice. On a national level, he is a member of the National Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Recognized for his work in the profession, Mr. Goldscheider has attained the highest rating of AV Preeminent* from the peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell. He is also verified by Lead Counsel, a distinction given to attorneys who have demonstrated excellence in the profession and have impeccable legal records.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Appellate, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar
Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, Appeals, DUI/DWI, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 60% Criminal defense
- 20% Appellate
- 10% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 1972, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.northcalatty.com/attorney/goldscheider-peter-f/
- 2017 Vice President San Mateo County Bar Association 2018 President of San Mateo County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, California Public Defenders Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Board of Directors, Client Relations Committee of the San Mateo County Bar Association
- Member, Palo Alto Bar Association
- Member, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Former Chair, Client Relations Committee of the San Mateo Bar Association
- Former Trustee, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- California, 1972
- U.S. Supreme Court
- SuperLawyer of Northern California by Law and Politics Magazine and San Francisco Magazine, 2007 - Present
- President of the San Mateo County Bar Association, 2018
- State Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist, 1981
- State Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist, 2020
- Recipient of Dennis Woodman award for outstanding criminal defense representation
- University of Rochester, A.B., cum laude, 1969
Office location for Peter F. Goldscheider
600 Allerton St
Redwood City, CA 94063
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023
Certificates and credentials