Donald J. Hensel
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Riverside, CA
Attorney Donald J. Hensel is a partner with the Law Offices of Bartell, Hensel & Gressley, which has office locations in Riverside and Temecula, California. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 38 years of total legal experience, Mr. Hensel focuses his practice on family law primarily as well as other areas of civil litigation, and he devotes a significant portion of his practice to criminal defense.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Hensel has handled many cases across California as well as in Arizona, Nevada, Idaho and Nebraska. Regardless of the issues his clients are facing or how complex their needs, he always delivers the highly personalized counsel they need to make the best-informed decisions as he works tirelessly to help them achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Along with maintaining a successful legal practice, Mr. Hensel has also conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on topics, including criminal defense, DUI defense, civil procedure and evidence. He also has gained a reputation for delivering unmatched advocacy to his clients both inside and outside the courtroom.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Hensel has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Originally from Chicago, Mr. Hensel graduated with highest honors from Elmhurst College in 1980, where he was a four-year starting defensive tackle, received First Team All-Conference Honors and was a member of Elmhurst's First Conference Champion Football Team. He then attended the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law, where he served as member of the school's law review. He obtained his Juris Doctor with distinction in 1983, graduating Order of the Coif.
Mr. Hensel is admitted to practice in Nebraska and California as well as before all U.S. District Courts in California and the District of Nebraska. He also holds his admission to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th and 9th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
About Donald J. Hensel
First Admitted: 1983, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.duichampions.com/donald-j-hensel
Other Outstanding Achievements
- I am regularly consulted by attorneys in the areas of evidence and civil procedure especially in the areas of family law when these issues arise
Pro bono/Community Service
- I regularly represent low income people in family law cases who need advice and representation who cannot afford services.
- , Elmhurst's First Conference Champion Football Team, Hall of Fame Coach Tom Beck, Member, 1978
- Elmhurst College, B.A. with Highest Honors, 1980
- Member of Law Review and Order of the Coif
- Was a 4 year starter on Elmhurst's Football Team and was an all-conference defensive tackle and a member of the first CCIW Conference football championship team for Elmhurst College in 1978 where he played for College Football Hall of Fame Coach Tom Beck
- United States Supreme Court Bar, 2000
- Bars of the Eighth and Ninth Circuits of the United States Courts of Appeal, Member
- California, 1983
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- Federal District Courts in California, Member
- Nebraska, 1984
Last Updated: 6/23/2022