James O. Heiting
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Riverside, CaliforniaHeiting & Irwin
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Professional Liability; view more
Licensed in California since: 1976
Education: Western State University College of Law
Heiting & Irwin6216 Brockton Avenue
Riverside, CA 92506 Visit website
Attorney James O. Heiting is the managing partner at Heiting & Irwin, a PLC. A member of ABOTA and several highly respected trial lawyer organizations, he has served the people from the Inland Empire and Southern California, and throughout California, since 1976. At the firm, Mr. Heiting focuses his practice on personal injury and wrongful death matters, ensuring the protection of the rights of injured victims and their families who have suffered needlessly due to the negligence of others. He and the firm are at the top of ratings by peers and by clients and are described as the best of the best. Many awards. HeitingandIrwin.com
• Personal injury, including car, truck, bus, railroad, plane and motorcycle accidents; construction accidents; catastrophic injuries; and premises and product liability
• Wrongful death
• Medical malpractice
• Workers' compensation (Richard Irwin has been a certified specialist in work comp for over 2 decades)
Mr. Heiting began his legal career in 1976 after earning his law degree from Western State College of Law and his admission to The State Bar of California. In the 45 years that have passed since Mr. Heiting began practicing law, he has earned a reputation as a truly exceptional lawyer and a dedicated client advocate.
Mr. Heiting's long record of success has led to a number of honors and awards from within the legal community. He holds a "Superb" (highest available) rating from Avvo, and he has received an AV-Preeminent* peer -review rating from Martindale-Hubbell. In addition, he received the James H. Krieger Meritorious Service Award from the Riverside County Bar Association and the Florentino Garza Fortitude Award from the San Bernardino County Bar. He is a member of the National Trial Lawyers (top 100 in nation) and recipient of the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys "Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney Award" for excellence in the field of personal injury. He has also been named 2019 and 2020 Litigator of the Year by the American Institute of Trial Lawyers.
As impressive as Mr. Heiting's honors are, his peers have honored him in other ways. He was elected to serve on the Board of Governors of the State Bar of California, and then elected to serve as its President, the only lawyer from the Inland Empire ever to serve as the President of the State Bar.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Professional Malpractice - Other, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1976, California
Professional Webpage: http://heitingandirwin.com/meet-our-attorneys/james-otto-hei...
- We represent victims of negligence or wrongful conduct in personal injury and wrongful death occurring through all various causes. Richard Irwin is also a state certified work comp specialist (over 25 years).
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Inland Empire Federal Bar Association, Charter member
- President of Riverside County Bar Association 1995-1996; member State Bar Board of Governors 2002-2006; President, State Bar of California 2005-2006 , 1995
- State Bar of California, Past President
- United States Supreme Court
- Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court, Co-founder
- American Bar Association west coast Commissioner, Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs; vice chair of within Health Law Section of the ABA; extensive involvement on local, state and national bar activities
- Riverside County Bar, Past President
- State Bar of California, Board of Governors
- The Other Bar, President: 1991 - 1993, board member: 1988 - 2003 and again since 2006
- World Championships in exhibiting Tennessee Walking Horses
- Member of the boards(s) and leader of several non-profits
- Member of the Western State College of Law Hall of Fame (graduated with Juris Doctor degree 1975)
- Author of chapter in A Cup of Coffee with 10 of the Top Personal Injury Attorneys in the United States, various articles and blogs. Extensive lectures throughout the state and in other states and in Canada.
- AV-Preeminent peer-review rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- , ABOTA member
- Avvo Top Contributor, 2015, 2017, AVVO
- Avvo Rating, 10.0 Superb
- Named a SuperLawyer 11 times (11 years)
- Avvo Clients Choice, 2014
- Inducted into Western State's Law School Hall of Fame
- We serve applicants and injured workers. Richard Irwin is a state certified work comp specialist.
Office location for James O. Heiting
6216 Brockton Avenue
Riverside, CA 92506
- Super Lawyers: 2008, 2010 - 2011, 2014 - 2023