Steven R. Burlingham
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Roseville, CA
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Steven R. Burlingham is the managing partner of Gary, Till & Burlingham in Sacramento, California. Mr. Burlingham’s practice focuses on family law and estate planning, handling cases involving divorce, adoption, child custody, child support, DCSS matters, property division, spousal support, visitation, trusts, wills and more. He proudly represents clients in Sacramento, Sacramento County, El Dorado County and Placer County.
Mr. Burlingham earned a bachelor’s degree in history from Biola University in La Mirada, California, graduating summa cum laude. He later attained a law degree and master of laws degree from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law. He has been admitted to practice law in California since 1979 and is also certified in the area of family law by The State Bar of California.
Along with being a seasoned litigator, Mr. Burlingham is also knowledgeable in the area of collaborative law, a discipline that uses nonadversarial means to achieve mutually beneficial settlements in divorce and family cases.
Mr. Burlingham is admitted to practice in a number of federal courts, including the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
A member of the Sacramento County Bar Association since 1979, Mr. Burlingham also belongs to the Placer County Bar Association, the Christian Legal Society and The Birth Connection, where he serves as chair and board member. He is also a board member of the Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group and participates in volunteer activities for Alliance Defending Freedom and the Pacific Legal Foundation.
About Steven R. Burlingham
First Admitted: 1979, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.gtblaw.com/About-Us/Steven-R-Burlingham.shtml
Pro bono/Community Service
- Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group, Past Board Member
- Visions in Education, Past Board Member, 2000 - 2002
- Christian Legal Society, President and Board Member, Sacramento Chapter, 1979 - Present
- Pacific Legal Foundation
- Birth Connection, Board Member and Chair, 1997 - Present
- Alliance Defending Freedom
- Honor Corps Award, Alliance Defending Freedom
- Faith and Justice Award, Pacific Justice Institute
- Cole v. Oroville Union High School District, 228 F.3d 1092 (9th Cir. 2000) cert. denied, 532 U.S. 905 (9th Circuit 2000)
- In re Marriage of Woolsey, 220 Cal App 4th 881 (3rd CA App Dist 2013)
- Silo v. CHW Medical Foundation, 27 Cal.4th 1097 (2002) (California Supreme Court 2002)
- What Family Court Judges Want You to Know , National Business Institute, November, 2013
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of California, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
- U.S. Tax Court, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1994
- Placer County Bar Association, Member
- California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1987
- Sacramento County Bar Association, 1979 - Present
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, 2004
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California, LL.M., Master of Law(s), 1983
- Biola University, La Mirada, California, B.A., Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, Major: History, 1976
Last Updated: 4/6/2022