Aaron B. Silva
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Sacramento, CaliforniaMurphy Austin Adams Schoenfeld LLP
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor
Licensed in California since: 2006
Education: University of California Davis School of Law
Murphy Austin Adams Schoenfeld LLP555 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 Phone: 916-446-2300 Email: Aaron B. Silva Visit website
Aaron Silva is a partner with the Labor and Employment Practice Team. He has an extensive background defending employers before state and federal courts and several administrative boards including the National Labor Relations Board, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and Cal/OSH Appeals Board.
In his litigation practice, Aaron represents clients at court and administrative hearings, defends depositions, and serves as lead author for many of the Department’s principal matters, including dispositive motions and appeal briefs. In addition, he is one of just a few California attorneys with expertise in occupational safety and health law, having formally served in the Cal/OSH Appeals Board legal department. Aaron’s prior experience with the California Public Employment Relations Board is also a valuable asset when assisting businesses faced with union organizing campaigns, unfair labor practice charges, and federal injunctions sought by the General Counsel of the NLRB.
In his counseling practice, Aaron advises companies in all areas of employment law including employment classification, employee termination, leave decisions, union matters and drafting effective and enforceable employment policies. He frequently speaks on labor and employment issues for businesses, employers, and human resources groups. He also performs management training in the areas of avoiding discrimination and other public policy violations as well as required sexual harassment training for supervisors and managers.
Aaron was awarded his J.D. from the University of California, Davis School of Law. Prior to joining Murphy Austin Adams Schoenfeld LLP in 2007, he worked for both the Cal/OSH Appeals Board and the California Public Employment Relations Board.
Aaron is a member of the Rotary Club of Folsom and serves on the Folsom Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors. He is also a member of the Dry Creek Rancheria Band of Pomo Indians, where he serves on the tribal council and as vice chairman of the judiciary committee. He was named a Rising Star by Northern California Super Lawyers magazine in 2013 through 2021 editions and was named to the Sacramento Business Journal 40 Under 40 2016 List which honors individuals under 40 for their outstanding professional accomplishments and community involvement. Aaron is also an alumni of the Leadership Sacramento and Leadership Folsom programs.
First Admitted: 2006, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.murphyaustin.com/attorneys/aaron-b-silva/
- Commissioner on the City of Folsom Utilities Commission, Term January 2021 to December 2024
- Folsom Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Member, 2017 to present
- Dry Creek Rancheria Judicial Committee, Vice Chairman
- State Bar of California, Employment Law Section
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association
- Named a Sacramento Business Journal "40 Under 40" Finalist, 2013 and 2015
- Named a Sacramento Business Journal “40 Under 40” Honoree, 2016
- Folsom Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Folsom, Class of 2015
- Sacramento Metro Chamber, Leadership Sacramento, Class of 2013
- University of California, Davis B.A., with honors, History and Political Science, 2003
- University of California, Davis School of Law J.D., 2006
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2021