Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Sacramento, CaliforniaLaFollette Johnson DeHaas Fesler & Ames
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice
Licensed in California since: 1983
Education: Pepperdine University School of Law
LaFollette Johnson DeHaas Fesler & Ames655 University Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825 Phone: 916-563-3100 Email: Barry Vogel Visit website
Mr. Vogel is the Managing Shareholder of the Northern California (Sacramento) office of La Follette, Johnson where his practice is primarily in the field of medical malpractice litigation.
Mr. Vogel is a member of the State Bar of California and the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California & Nevada. He has attained the rank of Advocate in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), reflecting his experience in more than 50 civil jury trials. He has the distinction of once having obtained 18 consecutive defense verdicts in jury trials in which he represented defendant chiropractors. He has been awarded the highest rating, "AV Preeminent," based on reviews by his peers, by the lawyer rating agency, Martindale-Hubbell. He is rated a Super Lawyer by that attorney rating organization. He has been named a "Top Lawyer" in the field of medical malpractice by Sacramento Magazine.
He has extensive experience in defense of all types of medical malpractice cases, with special emphasis on defense of birth injury cases, on behalf of physicians and on behalf of hospitals operated by Sutter Health, Dignity Health, St. Joseph Health, as well as hospitals insured by Optima Healthcare Insurance Services.
Mr. Vogel received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Oregon in 1979. He received his Juris Doctorate degree from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1982.
First Admitted: 1983, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.ljdfa.com/attorneys/barry-vogel/
- In 2015, and in each year since, he was selected by Sacramento Magazine as a "Top Lawyer" in Northern California in the field of medical malpractice.
- Advocate Level member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). "AV Preeminent" rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Mr. Vogel has extensive experience in defense of all types of medical malpractice cases, with special emphasis on defense of birth injury cases, on behalf of physicians and on behalf of hospitals operated by Sutter Health, Dignity Health, St. Joseph Health, as well as hospitals insured by Optima Healthcare Insurance Services.
- Undergraduate: University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon. Bachelor of Science, Political Science, 1979. Legal Education: Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California. Juris Doctorate, 1982.
- Member, Northern California and Nevada Association of Defense Counsel
- April, 2015: At the conclusion of a 2 and one-half week trial, Mr. Vogel obtained a defense verdict for his client in a case of alleged chiropractic malpractice involving alleged spinal cord injury in a 51 year old married plaintiff who had two children, and who was employed as a plant maintenance specialist earning in the range of $150,000 per year, at a Silicon Valley tech company. After the injury, the plaintiff did not return to work. The plaintiff's life care plan and loss of earnings claim amounted to over $3.5 million in damages. Plaintiff's counsel sought over $13 million in damages in closing argument. The defense had made a first offer of $150,000 at a mandatory settlement conference, but negotiations broke down. The jury deliberated for 1 hour and 45 minutes before reaching a defense verdict, 11 to 1. (Dabalos v. [chiropractor defendant], San Joaquin Superior Court number 39-2013-00302675-CU-MM-STK.), 2015
- February, 2015: At the conclusion of a one month trial, Mr. Vogel obtained a defense verdict for his clients, two internal medicine physicians, involving allegations against his clients of wrongful death, assault, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. The case was brought on behalf of an 81 year old patient who died in a hospital setting. The case was tried in Sacramento County Superior Court. There were five defendants in the case, and Mr. Vogel was lead counsel for the defense side of the case. (Ramos v. [two doctor defendants], Sacramento Superior Court case number 34-2011-00104230.) , 2015
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023