Brian P. Bowen
Top rated Tax attorney in Sacramento, CaliforniaMurphy Austin Adams Schoenfeld LLP
Practice Areas: Tax, Business & Corporate
Licensed in California since: 2008
Education: Gonzaga University School of Law
Brian provides tax and business advice to closely held business entities and individuals on issues relating to formation of business entities, operation of partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations, business reorganizations, business sales and acquisitions, and business succession. He also advises clients on the tax implications of real estate transactions, tenancies in common, and like kind exchanges. He also provides tax advice to nonprofit entities. In addition, Brian represents business entities and individuals in the resolution of federal and state tax controversy issues.
Before becoming a lawyer, Brian worked in sales at a high-end specialized wood products company, where he served clients in Jackson Hole, Durango, Crested Butte, Telluride, Sun Valley and Island Park. His work with retailers, contractors, homeowners, and developers on construction projects provided him with a unique perspective and understanding of the pressures involved in all aspects of a transaction.
Brian received his J.D., cum laude, from Gonzaga University School of Law and his LL.M. in taxation at New York University School of Law.
He is listed as a Rising Star in Northern California Super Lawyers and was named to Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers List 2016-2019 and in 2021.
First Admitted: 2007, Utah
Professional Webpage: https://www.murphyaustin.com/attorneys/brian-p-bowen/
- State Bar of California
- Utah State Bar, Inactive Status
- United States Tax Court
- Named in Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers List (2016-2019, 2021), Sacramento Magazine
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 2008, 2008
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007, 2007
- Brigham Young University, B.A., Marketing Communications, 2001, 2001
- While often overlooked or placed on the back-burner by many businesses, developing and implementing a well-constructed document retention policy (“DRP”) can play a meaningful role in any business, including in its compliance efforts, limiting liability risk in litigation, and improving efficiencies. , Co-author, Reap the Benefits of a Document Retention Policy, 2020
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014