David P. Mastagni
Top rated personal injury attorney in Sacramento, CaliforniaMastagni Holstedt, APC
Attorney David P. Mastagni is the founder and managing partner of Mastagni, Holstedt, Amick, Miller & Johnsen of Sacramento, California. As an experienced trial lawyer, he represents clients in complex litigation involving personal injury, product liability, professional negligence, labor and employment law matters, wage and hour disputes, civil rights litigation and administrative law.
In his years of practice, attorney Mastagni has tried more than 300 cases to verdict, including more than 100 jury trials, in both state and federal courts. He has also been involved in more than 450 appellate cases at the state and federal appellate level, including cases handled before the U.S. Supreme Court. In 2003, he obtained the largest law enforcement binding arbitration award in the United States. He has testified before the California state legislature on issues involving peace officers, labor unions, injured workers and consumer litigation. He has also participated in drafting several laws and currently advises on election law and political action committees.
Mr. Mastagni is a frequent lecturer and longtime panel attorney for the Peace Officers' Research Association of California (PORAC), among his other legal activities. He is also a member of the Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and Consumer Attorneys of California, among other local, regional and national bar associations.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, Professional liability: plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 40% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1973, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.mastagni.com/attorneys/partners/mastagni/
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- State Bar of California
- American Association for Justice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association
- Admitted to practice in all California Superior Courts, Federal Eastern and Northern Districts of California, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Has obtained numerous settlements in excess of one million dollars in areas including professional negligence, catrostrophic personal injury and FLSA, by way of example.
- Regularly volunteers his time to act as a Judge Pro Tem at the Sacramento County Superior Court.
- American River College, A.A., 1967
- California State University at Sacramento, B.S., 1970
- Public Safety Employees/Associations
Office location for David P. Mastagni
1912 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
- Super Lawyers: 2008, 2010 - 2022