Top rated family law attorney in Sacramento, CaliforniaLewellen | Strebe | Hopper P.C.
Jason Hopper is a shareholder in the Sacramento, California, law firm of Lewellen | Strebe | Hopper. He practices family law exclusively and has more than 15 years’ experience in all stages of domestic relations litigation, from initial negotiations to trial to, if necessary, appeal.
A native of Indiana, Mr. Hopper earned his BA in Religion and Business from Wabash College in his home state. He then relocated to Michigan where he received his Juris Doctor degree from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School.
Mr. Hopper has worked with hundreds of satisfied clients over the course of his career to date, representing them in such potentially contentious areas as divorce, child custody and domestic violence. His three main goals have always been, and still are, to achieve great results for his clients, to make their legal system experiences as pleasant as possible, and to build and maintain the superior legal team required to deliver those results.
Northern California residents may well recognize Mr. Hopper from his frequent appearances on local, regional and national television shows where he speaks on such up-to-the-minute and cutting-edge topics as “Dirty Tricks in Divorce,” “Losing Custody During COVID-19” and “5 Things To Know While Co-Parenting During Covid-19.” He is also active in several professional organizations, including The State Bar of California, the Sacramento County Bar Association and the Placer County Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2007, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://lsfamilylawfirm.com/about/attorney-jason-hopper/
- Western Michigan Cooley Law School - J.D., Litigation Concentration, 2007
- Wabash College - B.A. in Religion and Business, 2003
- Harcharik v. Swiss Reinsurance Corp., 893 N.E.2d 781 (Ind. Ct. App. 2008) (NFP), 2008
- Lowhorn v. Lowhorn, 891 N.E.2d 183 (Ind. Ct. App. 2008) (NFP), 2008
- Guest Lecturer at Cordell & Cordell P.C. continuing legal education program to members of the Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri Bar., Presenter, Working with Bankruptcy and Debt Issues in Domestic Litigation, 2011
- Contributor to article concerning emerging issues of reproductive technology in the context of divorcing couples., Contributor, Embryos Spur Legal Fights, The Wall Street Journal
- Placer County Bar Association, 2019
- Sacramento County Bar Association, 2021
- United States Supreme Court Bar, 2013
- California Lawyers Association, 2017
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2007
Office location for Jason Hopper
555 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2015, 2018 - 2021
Find me online
- With attorneys in multiple cities throughout the United States and more than 100 offices, domestic litigation firm… https://t.co/cMYQri7z3O
- Join us TODAY at 11:30 AM CST for our January Town Hall! Special guest, Angela Skurtu, a licensed marriage, and fam… https://t.co/xoHO9vNtpz
- CEO Scott Trout and our panel of family law attorneys are inviting you to join us for our January Town Hall! Join… https://t.co/WLSN6XaAO1
- Divorce is a life changing event. We know you have questions, that's why we have answers! Join us during our August… https://t.co/W2ICwL8qAM
- You have questions, we have answers! Join us for our virtual Town Hall webinar at Noon CDT on August 18th. Learn m… https://t.co/9AbhVM12aO
- Custody Battle: 10 Things That Can Sabotage Your Case https://t.co/P9j1siYY6q https://t.co/D1p1EDnJ9a
- #scs2018 @jimgaffigan let’s go Oprah style and get some hot pockets for the crowd. https://t.co/I81AUo8jx2