Top Rated Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in Sacramento, CA
An accomplished international arbitration and mediation professional, attorney Ken Malovos has been helping the residents of Sacramento, California, protect their businesses and resolve their disputes efficiently outside courts for 50 years. From his law firm, Ken Malovos, he applies his creative problem-solving skills with diplomacy, sensitivity and tact to resolve disputes rationally.
Known for always surpassing his clients' expectations, Mr. Malovos has conducted and participated in hundreds of arbitrations in matters involving construction claims, building defects, intellectual property issues, real estate, insurance disputes, probate, professional liability, employment disputes, contract law, defamation and discrimination, and partnership and corporate dissolution.
Formerly an aggressive and experienced litigator, Mr. Malovos possesses comprehensive knowledge of the law and familiarity with the court system. He was first admitted to practice in California in 1970. Additionally, he is qualified to appear before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
In 1966, Mr. Malovos completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in philosophy at Stanford University. He then received his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1969. As a law student, he was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award for achieving the highest grade.
A judge pro tempore of the Sacramento County Superior Court, Mr. Malovos is a fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators and a member of the California Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. He is a panel member at the American Arbitration Association and the Office of Administrative Hearings of the state of California.
Actively involved in the legal community, Mr. Malovos is a member of The State Bar of California and has served the Sacramento County Bar Association in various capacities including as its president, the chair of its Judicial Committee and Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, and director of the board. He has also functioned as an adjunct professor at the UC Davis School of Law (King Hall) and the Pacific McGeorge School of Law.
Mr. Malovos is also AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Ken Malovos
First Admitted: 1970, California
Pro bono/Community Service
- President (1998-2001) and Board Member (1995-2001) of Legal Services of Northern California. Settlement Judge Pro Tem and Judicial Arbitrator for Sacramento County Superior Court. Arbitrator of Attorney-Client Fee Disputes for Sacramento County Bar Association and California State Bar Association. Member, Judicial Evaluation Commission, California State Bar Association (2010-2013)
- Faculty Member, UC Hastings Law School, College of Advocacy, Business Litigation Institute, 1997-2000
- Adjunct Professor of Law (Trial Practice), King Hall Law School University of California, Davis, 1982-1985
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Pacific McGeorge Law School, Mediation, 2016
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Author, Contempt of Court (novel), 2013; Author, Fatal Reunion (novel), 2015; Author, One Night In Amboise (novel), 2017
- Stanford University, A.B., Honors Tutorial Program, Philosophy, 1966
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- Past Master of the Bench (Emeritus), Anthony M. Kennedy American Inn of Court
- Delegate, Sacramento County Bar Association, ABA House of Delegates, 1995 - 1999
- ABA Section of Litigation, Section of Dispute Resolution and Construction Law Forum
- Past Member, American Bar Association
- President, Sacramento Chapter of Hastings Law School Alumni Association, 1989 - 1993
- Member, Board of Governors, Hastings Law School Alumni Association, 1990 - 2001
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Council, 1988 - 1994
- Member Sacramento County Bar Association, 1972 to present
- President, Sacramento County Bar Association, 1994
- Arbitrator, California State Bar Association and Sacramento County Bar Association, attorney/client fee disputes
- Panel Member, Public Works Contract Arbitration Program, Office of Administrative Hearings, State of California
- Panel Member, Mediator, Arbitrator and Large Complex Cases, American Arbitration Association
- Member, California Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators
- Superior Court Judge, Pro Tempore, Sacramento County Superior Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1970
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 1984
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1970
- California State Bar, 1969
- Selected as a Super Lawyer in Northern California for Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2006
- Rated AV by Martindale Hubbell, 1986 to present
- Corporate And Partnership Dissolution
- Intellectual Property And Malpractice
Last Updated: 5/24/2022