Top Rated Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in Sacramento, CA
Ken Malovos has been practicing law for over 45 years and is now a full-time arbitrator and mediator, specializing in business disputes. He graduated from Stanford University and Hastings College of the Law and is AV-rated. Since 1988, he has served as a settlement judge and judicial arbitrator for the Sacramento County Superior Court. He serves on the Construction, Commercial, and Large Complex Case Arbitration panels and the Mediation panel for the American Arbitration Association. He is also an Arbitrator for the Public Works Contract Program for the State of California, Office of Administrative Hearings. He has been selected as a member of the California Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. He is a Past President of the Sacramento County Bar Association and of Legal Services of Northern California. He is also a Fellow of the College of Commerical Arbitrators.
About Ken Malovos
First Admitted: 1970, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.malovoslaw.com
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Author, Contempt of Court (novel), 2013; Author, Fatal Reunion (novel), 2015; Author, One Night In Amboise (novel), 2017.
Pro bono/Community Service
- President (1998-2001) and Board Member (1995-2001) of Legal Services of Northern California. Settlement Judge Pro Tem and Judicial Arbitrator for Sacramento County Superior Court. Arbitrator of Attorney-Client Fee Disputes for Sacramento County Bar Association and California State Bar Association. Member, Judicial Evaluation Commission, California State Bar Association (2010-2013).
- President of the Sacramento County Bar Association (1994) and Member of the Bar Council (1988-1994); Past Chair of Sacramento County Bar Assosciation, Judicial Review Committee (1990-1993); Founding Chair of Construction Law Section, Sacramento County Bar Association; Current Chair of Sacramento County Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section. Past Delegate to the American Bar Association (1995-1999). Past Master of the Bench (Emeritus), Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court. Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators (2010 to the present).
- Adjunct Professor of Law (Mediation), University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (2016); Faculty Member, Hasting College of the Law, College of Advocacy, Business Litigation Institute (1997-2000); Adjunct Professor of Law (Trial Practice), King Hall Law School, University of California, Davis (1981-1985).
- Extensive Training through the American Arbitration Association in Arbitration and Mediation (1993 to present); Advanced Mediation Training, Steven Rosenberg (2004); Mediation Course, Institute for Conflict Management (2006).
- Rated AV by Martindale Hubbell (1986 to present);
- Corporate And Partnership Dissolution
- Intellectual Property And Malpractice
Last Updated: 5/18/2022