Malcolm S. Segal
Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in Sacramento, CA
President of the law firm Segal and Associates, PC, located in Sacramento, California, Malcolm S. Segal takes on cases involving white collar criminal defense, business litigation and complex civil litigation matters. With more than 35 years of experience practicing law, he serves international, regional and local professionals and corporations.
Mr. Segal provides sound and knowledgeable counsel, and his clients include professionals in the medical, real estate, agribusiness and legal fields. He has extensive experience representing government organizations but has also gained invaluable experience serving individuals with their various legal needs. He is a zealous and tireless advocate for his clients’ rights and has an unwavering commitment to their interests and needs.
Mr. Segal received his bachelor’s degree from The City College of New York, of The City University of New York (CUNY), and went on to study law, obtaining his Juris Doctor degree from St. John's University School of Law. He served as the Associate Editor of the St. John’s University Law Review and graduated from law school with dean’s list honors.
After law school, Mr. Segal served as an Assistant District Attorney at the New York County District Attorney’s Office in New York City. After which, he was selected to be a Special Attorney-in-Charge of the United States Department of Justice’s Federal Grand Jury Strike Force in Central Texas. He moved to San Francisco after several years of providing legal services in Los Angeles and Texas.
In San Francisco, Mr. Segal served as an Assistant United States Attorney at the United States Attorney’s Office. Selected to serve as First Assistant United States Attorney, he was the chief of the Criminal Section for the Eastern District of California.
Recognized for his exceptional work in the legal field, Mr. Segal has been included in the Best Lawyers in America’s publication for more than 30 years, and Sacramento Magazine named him to its Sacramento Best Lawyers list. Sacramento Business Journal included him on its Best of the Bar list, and San Francisco Magazine named him to its Top 100 Attorneys in Northern California list. He is also AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
Actively involved in giving back to his community, Mr. Segal has been on the Advisory Board of Sacramento Child Advocates, has served as a board president for the Planned Parenthood of Northern California and has been on the Juvenile Diabetes Research Association of Sacramento’s board.
Mr. Segal is affiliated with numerous legal associations, including memberships in the Federal Bar Association, the Sacramento County Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the California Attorneys for Criminal Justice and the Sacramento County Superior Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 30%Business Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2022
- Top 25: 2019 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2016 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2015 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2014 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2013 Sacramento Super Lawyers
About Malcolm S. Segal
First Admitted: 1968, New York
Professional Webpage: http://segal-pc.com/index.php/bio/
- Best Lawyers in America, current; San Francisco Magazine, Northern California Super Lawyers, current; Best Lawyers, Sacramento Magazine, current; Sacramento Business Journal Best of the Bar, current; Northern California Super Lawyers, Top 100 Attorneys in Northern California, current, AV rated Martindale-Hubble
- Federal Bar Association, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, California Attorney for Criminal Justice, Sacramento County Bar Association, Pro-Tem Civil Settlement Judge and Member of Arbitration Panel, Sacramento County Superior Court.
- New York State; California, United States Supreme Court; United States Court of Appeals, Second, Fifth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits; United State District Court Eastern, Northern and Central District of California; Southern District of New York.
- City College of the City University of New York, B.A.
- St. John's University School of Law, New York City, New York, JD.
Last Updated: 6/25/2022