Robert A. Buccola
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Sacramento, CA
Robert Buccola is a managing and founding partner of Dreyer Babich Buccola Wood Campora and is a native of Sacramento. He is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, and the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. Robert has been recognized by San Francisco Magazine as one of Northern California's Super Lawyers, which names attorneys in each state who have received the highest point totals, through both peer review and the independent research of Law & Politics.
Robert began his career as an insurance defense attorney defending individual insureds and corporate defendants for several years before beginning his career representing injury victims in 1985. For the last 32 years, Robert has had the honor and privilege of exclusively representing injured clients and their family heirs, along the entire spectrum of personal injury litigation.
“My parents taught me the virtues of hard work and compassion at an extremely young age. By nature, I’m competitive and I thrive on challenge. My clients’ causes become my own.”
In 1989, Robert began to author and lecture to lawyers for the Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB). At the time, Robert was the youngest CEB author/lecturer in the state. Robert writes, lectures and teaches for many notable legal educational groups on tort law and trial practice including Consumer Attorneys of California, the National Business Institute, and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Thirteen years ago, Robert was inducted into the Sacramento Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) as its youngest Chapter Member. Robert is also a member Emeritus, and a “Master of the Bar” in the Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court. He is the past President of ABOTA Sacramento Chapter. (Less than 1% of all practicing lawyers throughout the country are admitted as ABOTA members.)
Robert has attained record verdicts and settlements throughout Northern California and has recovered in excess of 250 million dollars for his deserving clients. His results include the current largest personal injury gross verdict and the largest pain and suffering verdict in Sacramento County – a record that has stood for nearly ten years, and which was upheld on appeal in favor of his 19 year old client. In 2001, Robert obtained the largest verdict ever in Marin County on behalf of a pedestrian injury victim and in 2005, he obtained the largest personal injury verdict in Tehama County for a local man.
In 1998, Robert received the “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award” by the Sacramento chapter of Consumer Attorneys. In 2001, he received from the American Board of Trial Advocates’ Sacramento Chapter it’s “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award.” In 2005, the Consumer Attorneys of California honored Robert as a top 10 litigator and finalist in the statewide "Consumer Attorney of the Year" award at its annual convention in Los Angeles. For more than ten years, Martindale Hubbell, a peer rating service, has given Robert the highest competency and ethical rating of “Pre-Eminent” in his field and he is noted as one of approximately 16 Northern California personal injury lawyers, as a top 100 Super Lawyer in Northern California. Robert is recognized by Sacramento Magazine and by Best Lawyers of America’s peer review screening process as an area “Best Lawyer.” In 2005, Robert was also featured by the University of the Pacific’s, McGeorge School of Law as their 80th Anniversary Practicing Lawyer.
Robert is one of the approximately 150 plaintiff injury lawyers in the state who is certified as a “Civil Trial Specialist” by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and he sits as a Judge Pro Tem for the Sacramento County Superior Court.
Robert was a board member of the Sacramento Child Advocates and is a fund developer for Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children (CASA) ▬ he remains actively involved in supporting numerous local charities and philanthropic organizations.
Certificates and Credentials
- Top 100: 2022 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2022 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2021 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2020 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2019 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2018 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2017 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2016 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2015 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2014 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2013 Sacramento Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2009 Northern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 Northern California Super Lawyers
About Robert A. Buccola
First Admitted: 1984
Professional Webpage: https://www.dbbwc.com/About-Us/Robert-A-Buccola.shtmlShow More
Last Updated: 11/20/2020