Robert L. Rediger
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Sacramento, CaliforniaRediger Labor Law LLP
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 1983
Education: Hofstra University School of Law
Rediger Labor Law LLP555 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 Visit website
A founder of Rediger Labor Law, Robert L. Rediger has developed an excellent reputation around the country in his field of practice. His firm is based in Sacramento, and he represents clients throughout the state of California and across the country. Mr. Rediger has been admitted to practice in California since 1983, and he is also admitted to practice in New York and before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 6th, 9th, and District of Columbia Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Rediger confines his labor and employment law practice exclusively to the representation of employers. His diverse caseload and experience regarding labor matters have encompassed National Labor Relations Board proceedings, union organization campaigns and the defense of allegations involving unfair labor practices. Mr. Rediger has also assisted his clients who are having to deal with a union by helping them with the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
In his employment law practice, Mr. Rediger has worked with his company clients on a wide variety of matters. He regularly provides them with advice and counsel on how to reduce their risk of litigation, including conducting training workshops with upper-level management, and he has prepared and reviewed employee manuals setting forth procedures that have to be followed. When claims are made by employees, he vigorously defends his clients in the courtroom and before federal and state agencies in cases involving allegations of discrimination, wage and hour disputes, wrongful termination, sexual harassment and retaliation.
Mr. Rediger has received significant acclaim from his colleagues for his successful track record. His honors have included an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo, and being named to Sacramento Magazine’s annual “Top Lawyers” list.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employer, Employment Litigation: Defense
Employment Law - Employer, Wage & Hour Laws
- 50% Employment & Labor: Employer
- 50% Employment Litigation: Defense
First Admitted: 1982, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.rediger.law/about-us/robert-l-rediger/
- Member of the Labor and Employment Law Sections of the State Bar of California
- New York State Bar Association
- Sacramento Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York (1982) California (1983) Former Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Sacramento County Bar Association.
- Teacher, Labor Law and Employment Law at the University of Northern California School of Law
- (Torres v. Dixon Family Services, 2002 WL 725585 (Solano Sup. Ct.)), “Follow The Paper Trail”
- (Kirby v. Immoos Fire Protection, Inc. (2012) 53 Cal.4th 1244), “Ruling: Winners in Meal Break Cases Can’t Collect Legal Fees”
- (U.S.E.E.O.C. v. Placer ARC, 2015 WL 9653976 (E.D. Cal. 2015)), “When the EEOC Gets It Wrong”
- Reasonable Accommodation Under the ADA and Strategies For Dealing With the EEOC Employee Handbooks What Every Employer Should Know About The NLRB, Present Seminars on Employment Law, Speaker, Clearlaw, National Business Institute, Lorman Educational Services, All, 2021
- Queens College of the City of New York (B.A. cum laude 1978)
- Since 1999, peer rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell each year through the present. In 2013, listed "Top Rated Lawyers in Labor and Employment Law" by American Lawyer Media. In 2017, listed among the "Top Lawyers in Sacramento" by Sacramento Magazine, 2019
- Since 2005, Robert L. Rediger has been included in "The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers" in the area of Labor and Employment Law, Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Since 1989, active member of the Rotary Club of Sacramento. Since 2012, counsel to Upper Natoma Rowing Club, 2019
- See testimonials on our website: https://www.rediger.law/about-us/testimonials/, 2019
- Cirrioncione v American Scissor Lift (2022) __Cal.App.4th__ (Motion for class certification of wage and hour case denied), 2022
- Kirby v. Immoos Fire Protection, Inc. (2012) 53 Cal. 4th 1244 (California Supreme Court holds attorney fees not available to prevailing party on meal and rest period claim under Labor Code), 2012
- U.S. E.E.O.C. v. Placer ARC (USDC E.D. Cal. 2015 WL 9653976) (Jury verdict for employer rejecting EEOC's claims of failure to accommodate a deaf employee’s disability and constructive discharge under the ADA)., 2015
Office location for Robert L. Rediger
555 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023