Tara M. Rojas
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Sacramento, CA
Tara M. Rojas is the founding shareholder of Rojas Family Law, Inc., in Sacramento, California. Devoting her entire practice to family law, Ms. Rojas handles all types of family law matters, including those involving divorce, business valuation, child custody, child support, domestic violence, guardianships, legal separation, prenuptial agreements, property division and more. She serves clients in Sacramento and throughout El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Solano and Yolo counties.
In addition to extensive litigation experience, Ms. Rojas is a certified mediator and uses this training to mediate complex divorce matters. She handles collaborative divorces and is a member of the Sacramento Collaborative Divorce Group. She holds a license to practice law before all California state courts.
Away from her practice, Ms. Rojas remains involved in her legal community through membership in professional organizations. She belongs to the Sacramento County Bar Association, the Solano County Bar Association, the California Lawyers Association Family Law Section, the American Bar Association and the Anthony M. Kennedy American Inn of Court. She also sits on the board of Women Lawyers of Sacramento.
Engaging with her local community and providing pro bono services are a priority for Ms. Rojas. Over the years, she has volunteered her time to a housing and mediation clinic and the One Day Divorce Clinic through the Sacramento Superior Court and attended the WEAVE Walk a Mile in her Shoes event.
Ms. Rojas received a bachelor’s degree in business management from Saint Mary’s College of California and earned her law degree from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2022
About Tara M. Rojas
First Admitted: 2014, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.rojasfamilylaw.com/meet-our-team/tara-rojas/
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Class Valedictorian, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Finalist: First Year Mock Trial Competition, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Order of the Coif, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Witkins Awards: Family Law; Legal Research/Writing; Criminal Procedure; Taking and Defending Depositions; Appellate Advocacy, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- With Great Distinction, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Amicus Lex Scholar (top ranked student first year), University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Dean’s Honor List (2010 – 2014), University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Certified Mediator with over 40 hours of training
- California State Bar – Family Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Solano County Bar Association
- 2015 - Present, Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- 2015 - Present, Women Lawyers of Sacramento, Board Member
- Continuing Education of the Bar (“CEB”), Editor for Neil Forester’s Contribution
- Valuation of Assets in a Divorce Proceeding, October 2015
- National Business Institute (“NBI”)
- Divorce Cases From Start to Finish for Paralegals (Presenter – November 2014 seminar, Sacramento)
- Saint Mary's College of California, Bachelor of Arts, Major: Business Management, 2003
Pro bono/Community Service
- One Day Divorce Clinic, Volunteer Attorney, 2014
- Housing & Mediation Clinic, Volunteer Attorney, 2014
- WEAVE, Walk a Mile Event Attendee, 2014
Last Updated: 5/15/2022