Wesley C. J. Ehlers
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Sacramento, CaliforniaEhlers Law Corporation
Wes Ehlers is the founder of Ehlers Law Corporation, located in Sacramento, California. Focusing his practice on civil litigation, he represents clients throughout the state in a variety of high-stakes matters, placing a particular emphasis on complex business disputes including corporate governance, partnership and LLC disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, unfair trade practices and intellectual property disputes. Mr. Ehlers also handles real estate litigation and complex probate and trust matters, and he sometimes provides representation to creditors in bankruptcy (generally adversary proceedings).
Before attending law school, Mr. Ehlers earned his Bachelor of Arts from Stanford University, graduating in 1991. He then went on to pursue his legal education at Vanderbilt University Law School and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1995. Prior to founding Ehlers Law Corporation, Mr. Ehlers was a partner at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, a well-respected international law firm. Admitted to practice in California, Mr. Ehlers is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
A trusted adviser and strategic partner to his clients, Mr. Ehlers has achieved numerous successful results throughout his career. The high esteem in which he is held by his fellow professionals is attested to by his long-time holding of the highest possible AV* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Ehlers is frequently asked to give presentations on civil litigation topics to groups of attorneys. An active participant in a variety of legal organizations, his current and past memberships include The State Bar of California, the American Bar Association, the Sacramento County Bar Association Barristers' Club and the Anthony M. Kennedy American Inn of Court.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Estate & Trust Litigation, Closely Held Business
- 70% Business Litigation
- 20% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10% Closely Held Business
First Admitted: 1996, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.ehlerslawcorp.com/bio.html
- , Best of the Bar, Sacramento Business Journal
- AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- , Top Lawyers, Sacramento Magazine
- Sacramento Barristers’ Club, Past President and ex-officio Member of the Board of Directors
- U.S. District Court (all Districts in California)
- Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce—Leadership Sacramento Class of 2002
- State Bar of California, Litigation and Unfair Competition Sections
- All California State Courts
- Anthony M. Kennedy American Inn of Court, Associate Member 1997-1999 and 2006-2008
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- U. S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- Stanford University, B.A., 1991
- Health Care
- Real Estate
- Tech & Software
Office location for Wesley C. J. Ehlers
2600 Capitol Avenue, Suite 320
Sacramento, CA 95816-5930