Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in San Clemente, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009
- Free Consultation
Attorney John Littrell is a partner with the Bienert | Katzman law firm, which has office locations in San Clemente and Los Angeles, California. A top-rated attorney with more than 17 years of legal experience, Mr. Littrell provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· White collar criminal defense
· Internal investigations
· Complex civil litigation
· Last-minute trials
Regarded as a leading attorney for white collar charges and investigations, Mr. Littrell has achieved notable success handling a wide range of high-stakes legal challenges for his clients, including all types of fraud claims as well as corruption, bribery, international trade and export law violations, regulatory violations, Stark law and anti-kickback issues and other serious offenses. Along with his success at trial, he has also successfully negotiated dismissals of charges and indictments for his clients, and he has extensive experience handling appeals as well as overturning wrongful convictions.
Through his civil litigation practice, Mr. Littrell has achieved similar success. Having successfully tried more than 20 cases to verdict, he has established himself as a formidable opponent in court, and he has secured numerous substantial verdicts along with many favorable settlements for his plaintiff clients.
A 1997 graduate of the University of California, Santa Cruz, Mr. Littrell attended the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2002 and graduated near the top of his class. Upon receiving his license to practice, he served as an associate with another prominent area law firm before working as a legal clerk for the Honorable A. Wallace Tashima of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Following that, Mr. Littrell worked as a Deputy Federal Public Defender in California's central district. In this role, he gained invaluable trial experience and a unique insight into the state's criminal justice system. Through his hard work and dedication, Mr. Littrell ultimately became Chief of the Los Angeles Trial Unit, where he was responsible for supervising a team of 30 attorneys, providing training in trial advocacy and coordinating federal prosecutions across the district.
Mr. Littrell is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in California as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is also an active member of the Orange County Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association's Los Angeles Chapter and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Furthermore, he serves as the attorney delegate for the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, and he has also served as adjunct legal professor at Loyola Law School, Los Angeles.
About John Littrell
First Admitted: 2002, California
- Advancing Justice: The Legacy and Jurisprudence of the Honorable A. Wallace Tashima, January 25, 2019, UCLA School of Law
- Co-Author, Motions Practice chapter of the 2010 treatise Defending a Federal Criminal Case
- Adjunct Professor at Loyola Law School, Evidence for Trial Lawyers
- Lawyer Delegate to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, 2017-2020
- Selected to the Best Lawyers® list for 2018-19
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2019
- Orange County Bar Association, 2019
- Federal Bar Association, Los Angeles, 2019
- Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, Attorney Delegate, 2017-2020
- U.C. Santa Cruz, B.A, Honors in College and Major (Politics)
- Health Care
Articles about John Littrell appearing in Super Lawyers
Last Updated: 6/28/2022