Top Rated Family Law Attorney in San Diego, CA
Founder and Principal Attorney Ashley Negrette of Negrette Law, P.C., is a tenacious legal advocate. She is a trial-ready attorney, having completed the rigorous 7-day Family Law Trial Advocacy Program at the National Institute of Trial Advocacy in Boulder, Colorado.
Attorney Negrette has been nominated as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for three consecutive years, 2019, 2020, and 2021, an honor given to just 2.5% of lawyers in the State of California. She has been quoted in the San Diego Union Tribune on immigration issues and has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur and Fortune Magazines.
Attorney Negrette earned her bachelor's degree from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and her law degree from California Western School of Law (CWSL). She passed the California bar exam in 2013, on her first attempt. She is admitted to practice in front of all California State Courts, all Immigration Courts and select Federal Courts.
Attorney Negrette has won several important cases for her clients in the past year alone. During the height of the coronavirus pandemic, she won the approval of an O-1B Visa for a very talented musical performer out of Los Angeles, CA. This was a truly exceptional win because USCIS was routinely denying these performance visas as concert venues were closing and musical tours were being cancelled due to government shut down orders.
In addition, Attorney Negrette won a one-day trial on Christmas Eve after her divorce Client waited for over 8 months for his hearing following court closures due to the pandemic. The opposing party and her family member filed two domestic violence restraining orders against him, yet the aggressive opposing counsel was unable to claim victory. Attorney Negrette took testimony from six witnesses and after hearing closing statements, the Court ruled in favor of her Client. As the prevailing party, her Client is entitled to attorney’s fees for having to defend the case.
A consummate professional and recognized leader in her practice areas, Attorney Negrette represents clients in complex immigration and family law matters. She employs a sharp legal strategy and patiently guides her clients through tough situations with a calm yet tenacious verve.
About Ashley Negrette
First Admitted: 2013, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.negrettelaw.com/
- Juris Doctor, California Western School of Law, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California, Los Angeles, 2008
- Admitted, State Bar of California, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2014
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 2014
- Immigration Law Section, San Diego County Bar Association, 2014
- Presented strategies for opening a new law office with a strong focus on how to leverage technology to save time and resources , Presenter, Opening Your Practice Series: Technology Choices and Time Savings, San Diego County Bar Association, Legal, 2017
- Hosted CLE: What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Immigration Law , Host, What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Immigration Law, San Diego County Bar Association, 2017
- Presented at a delegation of government officials from Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico regarding Border Security Alternatives for Protecting Human Rights of Migrant Populations, Presenter, Seguridad Fronteriza: Alternativas para la Protección de los Derechos Humanos de la Población Migrante, ACLU, Legal, Human Rights, 2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Lawyer through the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, 2017
- Volunteer Attorney with Alliance San Diego, 2018
- UCLA Alumni Association, Dinner for 7 Strangers, 2009
Other Outstanding Achievements
- San Diego Union Tribune, Immigrants showing up to closed courts during shutdown, 2019
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy: Motion Skills Certification, 2021
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Remote Depositions Certification, 2021
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy: ABA Family Law Trial Advocacy Program Certificate, 2019
- Standout Award: Immigration Law Services for Children Program, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, 2021
- , Rising Star, American Institute of Legal Advocates, 2019
- Recognized for exceptional and outstanding client service, 10 Best Immigration Attorneys, American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2019
- For having demonstrated strong leadership skills and courage, Excellence in Community Leadership, PowerMentor, 2015
- For providing outstanding pro bono legal services, Pro Bono Attorney Recognition, Immigration Justice Project, 2014
- For up-and-coming immigration practitioners, Immigration Section Spotlight, San Diego County Bar Association, 2013
- For outstanding pro bono work, Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services, Wiley Manuel, 2013
- Academic Achievement Award: Problem Solving for Vulnerable Populations, CWSL Scholarly Writing Course, 2012
- , Academic Achievement Award, STEPPS: Professional Responsibility, Professional Skills, Prevention & Problem Solving, CWSL Professional Responsibility Course, 2012
- For outstanding pro bono work, Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services, Wiley Manuel, 2012
- For public interest legal work, Josie Dixon PILF Grant Recipient, California Western School of Law, 2012
- For outstanding pro bono work, Pro Bono Honors Society Award, California Western School of Law, 2012
- Scholarship Recipient, San Diego La Raza Lawyers Scholarship Fund, 2011
- For public interest legal work, Josie Dixon PILF Grant Recipient, California Western School of Law, 2011
- An award for outstanding contribution to the latino community, San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association Scholarship Fund Recipient, La Raza Lawyers Association, 2011
Last Updated: 5/15/2022