Beatrice Skye Resendes
Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in San Diego, CA
Beatrice Skye Resendes is an attorney at the Watkins Firm, located in San Diego, California. An accomplished civil litigator, she provides advice and counsel to businesses throughout the area in a variety of matters. A large portion of her practice is in labor and employment matters, and in this regard, Ms. Resendes represents businesses in related disputes. She has extensive experience in defending employers in cases involving the Family and Medical Leave Act, wage and hour actions arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act, violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, wrongful termination, sexual harassment allegations, and discrimination prohibited by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. In addition to her courtroom work in this regard, Ms. Resendes has appeared before federal and state agencies.
Other civil litigation matters that Ms. Resendes has handled have included breach of contract actions, unfair competition, and other business disputes. Her experience also extends to landlord-tenant issues and other real estate matters, and she has a general corporate law background as well. Prior to joining the Watkins Firm in January 2017, Ms. Resendes represented plaintiffs in consumer class actions as well as in employment law litigation.
As an undergraduate, Ms. Resendes attended San Diego State University, where she majored in English language and literature and received a Bachelor of Arts. After working as a judicial secretary with the Superior Court of California, County of San Diego, she decided to pursue her legal studies at Thomas Jefferson School of Law. Ms. Resendes was a senior editor of the Thomas Jefferson Law Review before being awarded her Juris Doctor in 2011. Admitted to practice in California, she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
- 50%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10%Securities Litigation
- 10%General Litigation
Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business Organizations, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer, Litigation
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2021
About Beatrice Skye Resendes
First Admitted: 2011, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.watkinsfirm.com/skye-resendes/
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Member, State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Ninth District Court of Appeals
- Member, Latinas in the Law, San Diego
- California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Member, San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association
- San Diego State University, B.A.
- Mazza v. American Honda
- Allen v. Hyland’s, Inc., No. CV 12–01150 DMG (MANx), 2012 WL 1656750 (C.D. Cal. May 2, 2012)
- Editor, Thomas Jefferson Law Review, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- National Inns of Court Outstanding Program Award
- National Burton Award, Excellence in Legal Writing
- Consumer Law Category, California Super Lawyers Rising Star list, 2016-2017
- Received Twelve Witkin Awards, Legal Excellence
Last Updated: 5/15/2022