Cheryl Edwards Tannenberg
Top Rated Estate & Trust Litigation Attorney in San Diego, CA
Cheryl Edwards Tannenberg is an attorney at Kirby & McGuinn law firm in San Diego, California. She and the firm represent clients in San Diego and the surrounding areas in Southern California. Attorney Tannenberg specializes in representing individuals, businesses and financial institutions in trust, estate, financial elder abuse litigation and appeals.
Ms. Tannenberg earned her Bachelor of Arts from San Diego State University in 1976 and her Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1984. While in law school, she was a member of the San Diego Law Review. She was admitted to The State Bar of California in 1984 and was approved to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court in 2005.
Since beginning her legal career, she has been a member of various legal associations, including the North County Estate Planning Council – San Diego, the North County Estate Planning Group, and the Probate Attorneys of San Diego. She is a master in the William B. Enright Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Attorney Tannenberg is recognized as one of the top attorneys in her field and has earned several awards and recognitions. She has been named as AV Preeminent* by Martindale-Hubbell and holds a "Superb" Avvo rating. She was the co-chair of the Estate Planning, Probate and Trust section of the San Diego County Bar Association for the year 2006-2007 and was a member of the University of San Diego School of Law Alumni Board of Directors from 2001 through 2005. She has been a member of SuperLawyers since 2008 and was named a top attorney by San Diego Magazine from 2015 through 2020.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Cheryl Edwards Tannenberg
First Admitted: 1984, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.kirbymac.com/professionals/cheryl-edwards-tannenb...
- California, 1984
- Pro Tem Judge and Mandatory Settlement Judge for the San Diego Probate Court since 2012.
- Master, American Inns of Court, William B. Enright Chapter, 2003 - Present
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association, Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Section, 2001 - Present
- Co-Chair, San Diego County Bar Association, Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Section, 2006 - 2007
- Member, North County Estate Planning Council, 2012 - Present
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2005
- Member, North County Estate Planning Group, 2001 - 2009
- Member, Probate Attorneys of San Diego, 2012 - Present
- Member, San Diego Estate Planning Group, 2011
- Member, State Bar of California, Trusts & Estate Section, 2002 - Present
- Member, University of San Diego, School of Law Alumni Board of Directors, 2001 - 2005
- San Diego State University, B.A., Cum Laude, 1976
- Assembly Bill No. 1596, amending Welf. & Inst. Code §§15657.03, 15657.04, 2010
- Member and Comment Author, San Diego Law Review, 1981 - 1984
- Rated AV® by Martindale-Hubbell, their Highest Rating of Skill and Integrity
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in San Diego by San Diego Magazine from 2015 to the present, Best Lawyers in San Diego, San Diego Magazine
- Rated "Superb" by Avvo, their Highest Rating
- Cum Laude, University of San Diego School of Law, 1984
Last Updated: 5/15/2022