Cheryl Edwards Tannenberg
Top rated Estate & Trust Litigation attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaWitham Mahoney & Abbott, LLP
Practice Areas: Estate & Trust Litigation, Appellate, Estate Planning & Probate; view more
Licensed in California since: 1984
Education: University of San Diego School of Law
Witham Mahoney & Abbott, LLP401 B Street
San Diego, CA 92101 Visit website
Cheryl Edwards Tannenberg is “Of Counsel” at the law firm Witham Mahoney & Abbott, LLP, in downtown San Diego, California. Ms. Tannenberg dedicates her practice to trust and estate litigation, trust administration, probates, conservatorships, financial elder abuse and prelitigation dispute resolution. She represents trustees, beneficiaries, businesses, individuals and financial institutions.
Ms. Tannenberg earned her Bachelor of Arts with distinction from San Diego State University in 1976 and her Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1984, where she was a member of the San Diego Law Review. She is admitted to practice in California, the U.S. District Courts in California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court. She has been in practice since 1984. Ms. Tannenberg has served as a judge pro tempore and settlement officer for the Probate Division of the San Diego Superior Court since 2012.
Ms. Tannenberg has been a member of various legal associations, including the San Diego County Bar Association, Probate Attorneys of San Diego, and the North County Estate Planning Council. She is a master in the William B. Enright Chapter of the American Inns of Court. She was the co-chair of the Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section of the San Diego County Bar Association for two years and was a member of the University of San Diego School of Law Alumni Board of Directors from 2001 through 2005. Ms. Tannenberg also co-authored an amendment to Welfare & Institutions Code section 15657.03 relating to elder abuse restraining orders.
Ms. Tannenberg is well-respected and widely recognized as a distinguished attorney in her field. She has been selected to Super Lawyers from 2008 – 2023, and has been named in San Diego Magazine’s Top Attorneys since 2013. She is peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate & Trust Litigation, Appellate, Estate Planning & Probate
Appeals, Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Will Contests
- 80% Estate & Trust Litigation
- 10% Appellate
- 10% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 1984, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.kirbymac.com/professionals/cheryl-edwards-tannenb...
- California, 1984
- Pro Tem Judge and Mandatory Settlement Judge for the San Diego Probate Court since 2012.
- Master, American Inns of Court, William B. Enright Chapter, 2003 - Present
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association, Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Section, 2001 - Present
- Co-Chair, San Diego County Bar Association, Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Section, 2006 - 2007
- Member, North County Estate Planning Council, 2012 - Present
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2005
- Member, North County Estate Planning Group, 2001 - 2009
- Member, Probate Attorneys of San Diego, 2012 - Present
- Member, San Diego Estate Planning Group, 2011
- Member, State Bar of California, Trusts & Estate Section, 2002 - Present
- Member, University of San Diego, School of Law Alumni Board of Directors, 2001 - 2005
- San Diego State University, B.A., Cum Laude, 1976
- Assembly Bill No. 1596, amending Welf. & Inst. Code §§15657.03, 15657.04, 2010
- Member and Comment Author, San Diego Law Review, 1981 - 1984
- Rated AV® by Martindale-Hubbell, their Highest Rating of Skill and Integrity
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in San Diego by San Diego Magazine from 2015 to the present, Best Lawyers in San Diego, San Diego Magazine
- Rated "Superb" by Avvo, their Highest Rating
- Cum Laude, University of San Diego School of Law, 1984
Office location for Cheryl Edwards Tannenberg
401 B Street
San Diego, CA 92101
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023