Daniel A. Kaplan
Top rated business litigation attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaLaw Offices of Daniel A. Kaplan
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Alternative dispute resolution, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 1995
The Law Offices of Daniel A. Kaplan is a law firm in San Diego, California, founded by attorney Daniel A. Kaplan. Mr. Kaplan handles cases involving business fraud, commercial litigation, corporate litigation, employee misconduct, negligent misrepresentation and other general civil litigation matters. He represents clients throughout the San Diego region.
Mr. Kaplan has more than 26 years of experience. Before founding his firm in 2011, he practiced with a San Diego law firm for 16 years and focused his practice on business litigation and professional malpractice.
Mr. Kaplan earned an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest rating available from the well-known and respected organization. He is also regularly named a “top attorney” by San Diego Magazine and was a finalist in the San Diego Daily Transcript’s litigation category in 2014.
Active in his community, Mr. Kaplan is on the board of directors for various San Diego organizations. He is a long-time member of the San Diego County Bar Association and The State Bar of California.
Mr. Kaplan holds a bachelor’s degree in law and criminal justice from the University of California, Irvine. He received his law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law.
Mr. Kaplan received his law license in 1995. He is eligible to practice in all California state courts and before the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Alternative dispute resolution, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Civil litigation: defense, Intellectual property litigation
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Arbitration, Mediation
- 50% Business litigation
- 20% Alternative dispute resolution
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% Intellectual property litigation
First Admitted: 1995, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.danielkaplanlaw.com/team/daniel-kaplan/
- Top Attorney in the area of Litigation, San Diego Magazine, 2017
- Best of the Bar, 2016
- Top Attorney Finalist in the Litigation Category, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2014
- AV+ Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Excellent Rating, Avvo.com
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member, 1995
- Former Member of San Diego County Bar Association Governance Committee
- California, 1995
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- University of California, Irvine, Bachelor of Arts, Law and Criminal Justice, With Honors, 1991
- Obtained judgment after bench trial to obtain ownership of show dog and attorney-fee award of approximately $180,000 for client. , 2016
- Business Sales/Purchase
- Family Held Businesses
- Financial Advisers
- Real Estate
Office location for Daniel A. Kaplan
555 W Beech St
San Diego, CA 92101
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023