David S. Schulman
Top rated Family Law attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaMoore, Schulman & Moore, APC
Since 2009, family law veteran David Schulman has been honored as one of San Diego’s Super Lawyers. His peers recognize the Certified Family Law Specialist as well with nominations for San Diego’s Top Attorneys in 2009 and 2012. Mr. Schulman has been recognized by his peers with the distinguished AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®. The AV® rating indicates he has the hightest level of professional excellence. Additionally, he received the prestigious Family Court Judiciary’s Norby Award.
For the past two decades Mr. Schulman has worked in every aspect of family law to help his clients with their needs throughout their lives. From crafting prenuptial agreements to developing custody and visitation plans. He has a passion for helping children and is frequently appointed as Minor’s Counsel to represent the often-controversial children’s interest in bitter divorce cases.
Mr. Schulman has demonstrated his commitment to the betterment of his profession by serving on the State Bar’s Family Law Commission for the past three years. He will serve a three-year term as the Vice Chair of the California State Bar's Family Law Commission set to start this fall. He will work with eight fellow advisors to assess applicants for legal specialization certification in California as well as draft and grade exams.
He demonstrates his dedication to children outside the courtroom by heading up the Juvenile Book Club each month to help make sure teenagers found guilty of committing crimes are able to read. Mr. Schulman serves on the board for Just in Time for Foster Youth helping to raise tens of thoudands of dollars each year for teenagers aging out of the foster care system. The Certified Family Law Specialists’ insight and practical experience make him a sought after speaker at family law seminars in San Diego and across the United States.
Mr. Schulman is a partner at Moore, Schulman & Moore APC. The family law firm is an AV-Preeminent Peer Review Rated law firm.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1993, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.msmfamilylaw.com/attorneys/david-s-schulman/
- Speaker, Family Law Seminars in San Diego, Juvenile Book Club Event
- David S. Schulman provided valuable insight into the impact of move-aways and relocating on children in a divorce. Schulman's extensive experience with working as minor's counsel for more than two decades provides the unique perspective of the children who must adapt to the changes in their home, friend and support base. The information can be extremely helpful in helping therapist and judges make their recommendations in family court., Featured Speaker , Minor Counsel's Perspective On Relocating and the Impact on Children In a Divorce , San Diego County Bar Association , Family Law, Family Therapy, Family Law Judges, 2019
- San Diego State University, B.A, 1988
- Certified Specialist by the State Bar of California-Family Law, 2002
- Family Law Advisory Committee Co-Chair , 2015
- Member, California State Bar as Commissioner, Family Law Advisory Committee
- Chairman, San Diego County Bar Minors Counsel Subcommittee
- Member Executive Committee San Diego County Bar
- The closing of some courthouses due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has pushed many people into a new personal frontier they aren’t quite prepared for by having to make appearances in virtual hearings for their divorce, child custody, child support, or other family law matters. But by planning ahead and making sure some minor preparations are done, this often-uncomfortable forum can work in your favor. Regardless if you are an attorney or appearing on your own behalf, these tips can help you look your best and be more effective., Make the Most of Your Virtual Court Appearances , Family Law Attorneys, Family Law Clients, Family Law Judges, Family Law Therapists, 2020
- Family law practice Moore, Schulman & Moore, APC (MSM) recently announced that one of its founding partners, David S. Schulman, had been named as an Honorary Committee Co-Chair for the upcoming 2020 Walk the Talk signature celebration, hosted by Just in Time for Foster Youth (JIT). JIT works to help foster-youth achieve the self-sufficiency needed to succeed as adults. The annual Walk the Talk event is a celebration and fundraiser that inspires leaders in the community to get involved, brings awareness and raises funds for the various programs overseen by JIT. Schulman was honored with the Co-Chair position for both his role as an active family law practice attorney and his personal dedication to the service of youth of all ages., Honorary Co-Chair Just In Time For Foster Youth Walk The Talk Fundraiser , https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/celebrated-san-diego-family-law-attorney-david-s-schulman-named-honorary-committee-co-chair-of-the-just-in-time-7th-annual-signature-fundraiser-301026654.html, 2020
- Moore, Schulman & Moore, APC Founding Partner, David S. Schulman is working to help some of the teenagers impacted most by the COVID-19 pandemic. He is serving as the Honorary Committee Co-Chair for the upcoming 2021 Walk the Talk event for Just In Time for Foster Youth (JIT). JIT works to help foster-youth become self-sufficient after they leave the foster care system by teaching them life skills and connecting them with the resources to help them peruse their dreams from going to school to getting a job., Honorary Co-Chair For Just In Time Foster Youth Walk The Talk Fundraiser, https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/child-advocate-david-s-schulman-rallies-to-help-foster-youth-during-the-covid-19-pandemic-301285731.html, 2021
- The Daily Transcript conducts a peer voting process to determine the best lawyers in private, corporate, academic and government practices in San Diego County, Top Attorneys Award Winner, The Daily Transcript, 2012
- An AV Preeminent® peer review rated attorrney signifiying the highest level of professional excellence, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- The Daily Transcript conducts a peer voting process to determine the best lawyers in private, corporate, academic and government practices in San Diego County, Top Attorneys, The Daily Transcript, 2009
- Moore, Schulman & Moore, APC Founding Partner, David S. Schulman is working to help some of the teenagers impacted most by the COVID-19 pandemic. He is serving as the Honorary Committee Co-Chair for the upcoming 2021 Walk the Talk event for Just in Time for Foster Youth (JIT). JIT works to help foster-youth become self-sufficient after they leave the foster care system by teaching them life skills and connecting them with the resources to help them peruse their dreams from going to school to getting a job. Schulman is honored with the Co-Chair position because of his long-term advocacy for children as a family law attorney and his personal commitment to helping needy children in the San Diego community. Schulman has raised tens of thousands of dollars and much needed awareness about foster youth and their struggles. , 2021
- David Schulman answered the call to continue to serve on the board for Just In Time for Foster Youth. Schulman volunteers his time to help organize, gain support and implement various programs for the nonprofit. Schulman also helps to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars each year needed to support the programs the nonprofit offers for foster youth. , 2021
- Passionate about improving the lives of often forgotten foster youth, David Schulman serves on the board for Just In Time for Foster Youth. In this role, he volunteers his time for the various events the nonprofit does to support foster youth. He works throughout the year to make critical decisions for the nonprofit and helps to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars needed to fund the group's projects. , 2020
- David Schulman serves on the board for Just In Time for Foster Youth. In this role, he volunteers his time for the various events the nonprofit does to support foster youth, such as suppling backpacks and computers for foster youth and connecting the youth with mentors. He works throughout the year to make critical decisions for the nonprofit and to help raise hundreds of thousands of dollars needed to fund the group's projects. , 2019
- David Schulman provides pro bono legal services to victims of domestic violence in conjunction with Kathy's Legacy Foundation, 2015
Office location for David S. Schulman
12220 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2024