Frank J. Terrazas
Top rated Family Law attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaGarwood Reeves, ALC
Frank J. Terrazas is an attorney at Garwood Attorneys in San Diego, California, where he focuses his practice on family law. He handles matters involving divorce, annulments, child custody, child support, complex property division, domestic partnerships, domestic violence, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, legal separation, spousal support and visitation. He also helps clients with estate planning issues.
Experienced in courtroom litigation, negotiation and alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation and arbitration, Mr. Terrazas has helped many clients resolve their domestic or family related legal disputes.
Mr. Terrazas holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of San Diego and a graduate certificate in paralegal studies. He received his law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law. While attending law school, he was the recipient of the Bonnie Nelson Reading Memorial Scholarship, presented by the San Diego Bar Association’s certified family law specialists committee.
In recognition of his achievements, the American Academy of Attorneys nominated Mr. Terrazas for its “top 40 under 40” list in the area of family law. The American Institute of Legal Advocates nominated him for its “Rising Star” list. He is a member of the State Bar of California and a fellow in the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Terrazas spent more than 10 years working as a paralegal with family law-oriented firms. While in law school, he began representing clients as a certified law student. After becoming a licensed attorney in the state of California, he founded his own family law-oriented firm before joining Garwood Attorneys.
Practice areasFamily Law, Estate Planning & Probate
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Marital Property, Name Change, Paternity, Power of Attorney, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law, Trusts, Wills
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Estate Planning & Probate
First Admitted: 2015, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.garwoodfamilylaw.com/firm-overview/our-team/fran...
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D. 2014
- University of San Diego, B.A. Political Science, 2004
- Top 40 Under 40 Nominee (Family Law) American Academy of Attorneys, Top 40 Under 40 Nominee (Family Law) American Academy of Attorneys
- San Diego County Family Law Bar (Previously SDCBA), 2006
- State Bar of California, 2015
- In 2011, while a law student, Frank presented on the issues of Fam. Code 2640 Reimbursements, Fiduciary Duties (When They Raise and When They End), Marvin Actions, Transmutations, Pre-Marital Agreements, to the local Family Bar Association through the SDCBA., Presented Continuing Education on: Fam. Code 2640 Reimbursements, Fiduciary Duties (When They Raise and When They End), Marvin Actions, Transmutations, Pre-Marital Agreements, Presenter at SDCBA Family Law Bar Fall Seminar, Local Bar Association, 2011
- Frank was awarded the 2012 Bonnie Reading Scholarship by the San Diego County Car Association, Family Law Specialist committee. The Bonnie Reading Memorial Scholarship is awarded by the Certified Family Law Specialists Committee of the San Diego County Bar Association (SDCBA) to a law student who shows dedication and commitment to the area of family law and plans to practice family law in the San Diego area., 2012
- Top One Percent (Fellow): The National Association of Distinguished Counsel , 2019
- Nationwide selection recognizing excellence in the practice of law., Charter Member, Lawyers Of Distinction, 2020
- 2019/2018: American Institute of Legal Advocates (Rising Star) Nominee
- 2014: Bonnie Reading Scholarship recipient presented by the Certified Family Law Specialists San Diego County Bar Association to the most promising family law student
- 2019: Top One Percent (Fellow): The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- 2019/2018: Top 40 Under 40 Nominee (Family Law) American Academy of Attorneys
- 2019 Rising Star by Super Lawyers , Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019
- 2019/2018: Rising Stars (SuperLawyers)
Office location for Frank J. Terrazas
1450 Frazee Road
San Diego, CA 92108
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2024
Certificates and credentials