Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in San Diego, CA
Harvey C. Berger is a partner atHTTP://bwrllp.com Berger, Williams & Reynolds, LLP, a San Diego law firm focusing on employment law. In a career spanning more than 30 years, Harvey has represented individuals, small businesses and billion-dollar corporations in all aspects of civil litigation, but with a particular emphasis on employment law. As part of this practice, Harvey represents both employees and employers in lawsuits, class actions, mediations, arbitrations and labor commissioner hearings. Harvey also provides employment law and compliance advice to employers, and he is an arbitrator and mediator for the American Arbitration Association.
Harvey holds a B.A. in economics from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, a M.S.M. degree in management from M.I.T. Sloan School, and a J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law. He is frequently speaks on wage and hour issues and other employment topics at legal seminars and at SHRM conferences, and teaches through the Center for International Legal Studies in Europe. He is on the Board of Directors of the Jacobs and Cushman San Diego Food Bank.
Harvey has repeatedly been peer voted as one of the area's ten best employment law attorneys (San Diego Daily Transcript), one of the area's 10 best attorneys (San Diego Daily Transcript 2015) is one of very few attorneys who have been named a San Diego Superlawyer for twelve (12) consecutive years (2007-2019), and has received numerous other professional honors. Recently he was voted into the prestigious College of Labor and Employment Attorneys.
Harvey holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell,
*AV Preeminent is a certification mark used in accordance with Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures. Martindale-Hubbell provides a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Peer review ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employer
- 20%Class Action/Mass Torts: Defense
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Litigation: Defense
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Class Actions, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
About Harvey Berger
First Admitted: 1982, California
Professional Webpage: https://bwrllp.com/attorney/harvey-c-berger/
- Over $75 million recovered for clients.
- Board of Directors, San Diego County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (LRIS) 2009 - 2011, Chairperson 2012, 2013
- Arbitrator and Mediator, American Arbitration Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers Association
- Co-Chair, Labor & Employment Section, San Diego County Bar Assn., 2012, 2013
- American Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management
- American Association for Justice
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego and Lawyers Club of San Diego
- MIT Sloan School of Management, M.S. in Management, 1976
- State University of New York, Stony Brook - B.A. in Economics, 1974
- Chapter Editor for a leading book on USERRA., Chapter Editor, The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Act (USERRA), ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, 2009
Pro bono/Community Service
- Advisory Board, former Board of Directors, Secretary, Chair of the HR Committee, Jacobs and Cushman San Diego Foodbank, 2014
- Harvey taught Arbitration and Litigation in Latvia as a volunteer in 2010, and the same subjects in Hungary in 2011 and Poland in 2013. He also taught Mediation at an international syposium in Salzburg, Austria in 2015.
- College of Labor and Employment Attorneys, 2015
- Car Dealers
- IT Companies
- Small Businesses
- steel companies
Last Updated: 2/23/2022