Janice Y. Walshok
Top rated personal injury attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaPettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Products liability, Transportation & maritime
Licensed in California since: 2008
Education: California Western School of Law
Pettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin11622 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130 Phone: 858-509-5680 Email: Janice Y. Walshok Visit website
Janice Walshok has experience primarily in the fields of personal injury, including wrongful death, product liability, and insurance bad faith. She had the distinct honor of serving as a judicial extern for the Honorable John A. Houston for the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. Janice has successfully tried several jury trials, argued before the Second District Court of Appeal, and prevailed at the Ninth Circuit in upholding a corporate client’s defense verdict on a motion for summary judgment in a traumatic brain injury case against one of the notable law firms in Los Angeles. She continues to succeed in obtaining early resolutions for her clients by way of summary judgment, motions to strike and other dispositive motions.
Janice was nominated for the 2017 Best of the Bar and selected to Super Lawyers’ 2015-2020 San Diego Rising Stars list, which is a recognition that is bestowed on less than 2.5% of all attorneys. Recently,
she was recognized among the 2023 Best Lawyers in America for her work in Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants. Janice was a Board Member of San Diego Defense Lawyers from 2015-2017. In 2017, Janice presented before the San Diego Defense Lawyers regarding how to attack and prove the reasonable value of plaintiff’s medical expenses in personal injury cases post Howell v. Hamilton Meats.
Janice Walshok is a graduate of University of California, San Diego (B.A. Political Science, 2005) and California Western School of Law (J.D., 2008) where she was a recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship. She was born in Oklahoma City, but raised in Hawaii. She lives in San Diego where she enjoys spending time with her family and friends.
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: http://pettitkohn.com/attorneys/janice-y-walshok/
- 2012 Reinholtz v. Dependable Carburetor: Attorney Walshok represented the owner of a classic 1968 Corvette Stingray that was stolen while it was awaiting repair at Dependable Carburetor. The owner reported the loss to his insurer, who paid the owner what he believed was significantly less than the value of his prized Corvette. The owner sued the insurer for insurance bad faith and Dependable Carburetor for the loss of his rare vintage automobile. Ms. Walshok negotiated a satisfactory confidential settlement with the insurer, leaving Dependable Carburetor as the only defendant. Ms. Walshok conducted a five-day jury trial and prevailed against the repair shop. 2013 Kekua v. Behrle: Ms. Walshok represented a 29 year old woman who sustained injuries to her cervical spine when she was rear ended twice while stopped at a red light. Defendant made a statutory 998 offer, which Plaintiff rejected. Ms. Walshok tried the case before a jury. The jury found in favor of Plaintiff and awarded her damages that exceeded Defendant's statutory 998 offer.
- California Western School of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of California - San Diego, B.A., 2005
- Women of Influence in Law, San Diego Business Journal, 2021
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2023