Jason M. Kirby
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Diego, CA
- Free Consultation
For more than 20 years, Jason Michael Kirby has represented hundreds of clients in litigation cases throughout Southern California. Kirby's primary practice areas are business litigation and real estate litigation, but he has handled almost every type of civil case at some point during his career.
Kirby is an experienced trial lawyer. Kirby handles both plaintiff's cases and defense cases. As a plaintiff's lawyer he has had multiple jury verdicts in excess of a million dollars. As a defense lawyer, he has had multiple complete defense verdicts. Kirby believes that doing both plaintiff's work and defense work gives him a better perspective on the evidence and strategy in every case.
Kirby was first rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbel® in 2013. This rating reflects the highest level of professional excellence. His rating is measured by local lawyers that have worked with him and against him on his cases. His rating and lawyer feedback about him is publicly available at www.martindale.com. Kirby has also been consistently listed as one of the Top Lawyers for Business Litigation by San Diego Magazine.
About Jason M. Kirby
First Admitted: 2001, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.kirbyandkirbylaw.com/attorneys/2-jason-m-kirby
- Top Lawyers for Business Litigation, San Diego Magazine
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbel®, 2013
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Board of Governors
- University of Arizona, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1995
- Prevailed in defense of business litigation arbitration on fraud in the inducement affirmative defense wherein defendant purchased a dental practice in La Jolla and sought to rescind purchase. Client awarded approximately $120,000 in fees and costs, 2014
- Obtained a complete defense arbitration award in a business litigation case wherein the claimant alleged more than $4 million dollars due to it under a written contract to sell the business. Prevailed on cross-complaint in the arbitration and were awarded $300,000 in damages, plus pre-judgment interest, attorneys' fees, and costs. The total judgment, after prevailing on a motion to vacate, was more than $1 million, 2018
- Obtained a $2.1 million jury verdict for a male-minor in a sex abuse case against a former female teacher and her public school district employer in San Diego, 2018
- Complete defense jury verdict in residential real estate case in sale of $3.5 million home in Rancho Santa Fe. Plaintiffs sought more than $700,000 in damages for failure to disclose mold and water intrusion issues in sale of the property. Defendant was awarded her attorneys fees and costs of approximately $418,000, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022