Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in San Diego, CA
- Free Consultation
Jean-Claude Lapuyade is an employment law attorney and partner at JCL Law Firm, APC, in San Diego, California. Mr. Lapuyade handles a wide variety of employment and labor law matters, including those involving sexual harassment, wage and hour disputes, and wrongful termination. He represents employees in the San Diego area and on a statewide basis when necessary.
Mr. Lapuyade has over a decade of legal experience and provides competent representation to employees, fighting aggressively for their rights. Over his time in practice, he has recovered several million dollars in compensation for his clients. He is highly experienced with both litigation and arbitration and works hard on behalf of each client he serves.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Arizona, Mr. Lapuyade earned his law degree from California Western School of Law, where he was the recipient of a dean’s merit scholarship. He holds a license to practice law before all California state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California.
Prior to joining JCL Law Firm, APC, Mr. Lapuyade served as a co-editor for an insurance column for consumer attorneys. This provides him with valuable experience in the legal field which enhances his ability in his current practice.
As an employment law attorney, Mr. Lapuyade stays active in his legal community. He is a member of the California Lawyer’s Association’s Labor and Employment Law and Litigation sections and the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law and Tort Trial and Insurance sections, as well as the Section of Litigation. He also belongs to the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego and the California Employment Lawyers Association.
About Jean-Claude Lapuyade
First Admitted: 2007, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.jcl-lawfirm.com/attorney/lapuyade-jean-claude/
- Blanchette et al., v. Superior Court (GHA Homes), 8 Cal.App.5th 521, 2017
- Chmurny v. State, 392 Md. 159, 2006
- In February 2019, the JCL Law Firm, APC, obtained final approval for a $2 million wage and hour class action Settlement in the San Diego Superior Court. Attorney Jean-Claude Lapuyade represented a group of approximately 300 commissioned based salespersons against their employer seeking unpaid wages for missed rest periods., 2019
- California Western School of Law, Deans Merit Scholarship, 2005 - 2006
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars
- Distinguished Advocate Award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Thomson Reuters
- University of Arizona, B.A., History, 2001
- American Bar Association, Tort, Trial & Insurance Section, Member, 2007 to Present
- California Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member, 2007 to Present
- California Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Member, 2007 to Present
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Member, 2007 to Present
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Member, 2007 to Present
- California Employment Lawyers Association, 2007 to Present
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, 2007 to Present
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
Last Updated: 5/15/2022