Jennifer L. Martinez
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaMartinez & Schill LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in California since: 2006
Education: University of San Diego School of Law
Martinez & Schill LLP12396 World Trade Dr
San Diego, CA 92128 Visit website
Jennifer L. Martinez, founding partner of Martinez & Schill LLP, serves the San Diego, California, area with great distinction. Ms. Martinez focuses her practice on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, with a particular emphasis on premises liability, motor vehicle collisions, construction site injuries, and bicycle accidents.
Prior to earning her Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law in 2005, Ms. Martinez studied at the University of Washington in Seattle, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in speech communication in 2002. During her law school tenure, she was a member and editor of the San Diego Law Review. Ms. Martinez has been admitted to practice law in California since 2006, and she is admitted to practice before all Arizona state courts as well.
As head of her firm’s personal injury practice, Ms. Martinez’s passionate and dedicated representation of her clients has resulted in millions of dollars in jury verdicts and negotiated settlements. Bringing a unique perspective from many years as an insurance defense litigator, she understands the inner workings of the insurance company mindset, which translates into how to maximize the potential recovery and achieve the best results possible for her clients.
Ms. Martinez is a member of several professional organizations, including the San Diego County Bar Association, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Consumer Attorneys of California and the Lawyers Club of San Diego. Highly regarded by her fellow members of the bar, she has earned an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, and she has been named to the San Diego Business Journal Best of the Bar since 2015.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2006, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.martinezschill.com/attorney-profiles/jennifer-ma...
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- San Diego Lawyers Club, Member
- Member and Editor, San Diego Law Review, University of San Diego School of Law
- AV Peer-Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- San Diego Daily Transcript Top Attorney, Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- San Diego Magazine Top Lawyers, 2019
- San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar, Years 2015-2019
- University of Washington, Major: Speech Communication, B.A., 2002
- California Bar Admission, 2006
- Arizona State Bar Admission, 2019
- $1,625,000 settlement in a mild traumatic brain injury case caused by poolside basketball hoop falling at a hotel resort, 2018
- $1,000,000 settlement involving two individuals involved in a car accident , 2020
- $1,100,000 settlement involving a bicycle vs car accident resulting in brain injury and multiple fractures, 2018
- $2,650,000 settlement involving a client who fell through a gap in a pedestrian handrail on an overpass bridge in Riverside County. She suffered multiple fractures and a mild traumatic brain injury, 2017
- $1,840,000 settlement in a wrongful death case involving a child who tragically drowned at a hotel swimming pool, 2017
- $1,000,000 settlement involving a farming accident causing blindness in one eye of a child, 2016
Office location for Jennifer L. Martinez
12396 World Trade Dr
San Diego, CA 92128
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023