Top rated real estate attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaGoode Hemme APC
Jerry Hemme is a co-founder of San Diego-based Goode | Hemme, and he represents real estate owners, investors and businesses throughout the greater metropolitan area. He received a Bachelor of Science from San Diego State University, and after graduation, he went on to pursue his legal studies at the University of San Diego School of Law and was subsequently awarded his Juris Doctor in 1981. Mr. Hemme has been with his current firm since August 2001, and he has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Hemme has been admitted to practice before all California state courts since 1981. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Central, Eastern, and Northern Districts of California, the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Mr. Hemme divides his practice among real estate litigation, business litigation, business collections, construction matters, and general civil litigation. His collections experience has included representing creditors in bankruptcy as well as debtor examinations, the execution of judgments, and residential and commercial real estate foreclosures.
In his real estate practice, Mr. Hemme is highly experienced handling boundary law, tree issues, trespass, easement disputes breach of contract, HOA disputes, commercial lease litigation and seller misrepresentations. Active in his community, he served for many years on the board of directors of the Community Campership Council, Inc., a non-profit organization that raised funds to send local underprivileged children to camp.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: consumer, Business litigation, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Construction litigation: business, Creditor debtor rights: business
- 50% Real estate: consumer
- 20% Business litigation
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Construction litigation: business
- 10% Creditor debtor rights: business
First Admitted: 1981, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.sandiegoattorney.com/lawyer/jerry-hemme
- Second Chance
- Community Campership Council: Past President and on the Board of Directors since 2000. We help send underprivileged children to camp.
- California State Bar
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of California, the District of Colorado, the Northern District of Texas, and the District of Arizona
- San Diego State University, 1978
- 2014-2021 AV rating Martindale Hubbell; 2015-2020 Top Lawyer - San Diego Magazine; 2014 & 2017 Best of the Bar - San Diego Business Journal; Selected for inclusion on the 2020 San Diego Super Lawyers list in the field of real estate, 2015
- 2017 and 2018: Moderator for panel at the California State Bar Real Estate Section's Annual Retreat 2017 Topic: Boundary law 2018 Topic: Easements., Speaker, Moderator/Speaker, California State Bar, Real Estate, 2017
- Lecturer in Boundary Law for the La Jolla Bar Association. , Speaker, California Boundary Law: Critical Issues and Solutions Every Practitioner Needs to Know, Legal, 2020
- Real Estate
Office location for Jerry Hemme
6310 Greenwich Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023