John H. Tannenberg
Top rated Family Law attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaMoore, Schulman & Moore, APC
John H. Tannenberg is "Of Counsel" to the law firm of Moore, Schulman & Moore, a law firm experienced in handling family law matters. Mr. Tannenberg is a Specialist in Family Law-certified by the State Bar of California. He is also a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). The firm is located in the Carmel Valley area of San Diego County. Mr. Tannenberg provides representation to his clients in a wide range of domestic disputes and issues, including divorce; legal separation; nullity of marriage; characterization and division of community property assets and debts; child custody and visitation; child support; spousal support, drafting and/or reviewing Pre-Marital and Post-Marital Agreements; Paternity; and complex business issues. A seasoned family law professional, Mr. Tannenberg has more than 45 years of litigation and mediation experience and has also served as a judge pro tempore for the San Diego Superior Court since 1993.
After graduating from the University of California in Los Angeles with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, Mr. Tannenberg earned his law degree from the University of San Diego School of Law. He is admitted to practice in California and before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Central Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Tannenberg has been certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a family law specialist since 1990. As a reflection of the high esteem in which he is held by his peers, he has received an AV-Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 1985. Mr. Tannenberg was admitted as a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers as of 2012. He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America as a Tier 1 lawyer since 2005.
Often called upon to share his knowledge and insight with others, Mr. Tannenberg has been a lecturer in family law at the University of San Diego School of Law and for Continuing Education of the Bar California seminars and San Diego County Family Law Bar Association seminars. Outside the office, he participates in numerous professional organizations. Mr. Tannenberg is a member of the State Bar of California , the San Diego County Family Law Bar Association, the San Diego County Bar Association, and the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 80% Family Law
- 20% Alternative Dispute Resolution
First Admitted: 1974, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.jtannenberg.com/attorney/tannenberg-john-h/
- Pro-Tem Judge San Diego Supreme Court, 1993 - Present
- Former Den Leader Cub Scout Pack 616; Assistant Scout Master Boy Scout Troop 301
- Past Committee Chair Cub Scout Pack 616 San Diego
- Assistant Scout Master-Troop 301 Boy Scouts San Diego
- Member, Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, 1985 - Present
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1982
- Past Chair, San Diego County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association, 1974 - Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- Past Member, Executive Committee, Certified Family Law Specialists Committee
- Member, State Bar of California, Attorney, 1974 - Present
- California, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1978
- Past Chair, San Diego County Bar Association, Certified Family Law Specialists Committee
- Member National Register's Who's Who in Executives and Professionals, 2004 - 2005
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell - AV Peer Review Rates, 1990 - 2009
- Lecture, Continuing Education of the Bar Seminars, been interviewed on KCEQ AM 1000 regarding Family Law and Domestic Relations matters
- Guest Speaker, Family law for the Second Saturday Program hosted by Ginita Wall, a San Diego CPA and Financial Planner
- Guest Lecturer, Family Law, U.S.D. School Law
- Family Law Practicum, U.S.D. School of Law, 2005 - Present
- University of California, Los Angeles (U.C.L.A.), Los Angeles, California, B.A., Dean's List, Political Science , 1969
- Certified As Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, 1990
Office location for John H. Tannenberg
12220 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2024