Keith M. Cochran
Top rated business litigation attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaFitzgerald Knaier LLP
A skilled litigator, attorney Keith M. Cochran serves clients in San Diego, California, from the law firm of Fitzgerald Knaier LLP. He is committed to providing efficient legal strategies to individuals and businesses facing:
Ø Business litigation: Breach of contract and fiduciary duty, securities law, business torts, contract and partnership disputes, and more
Ø Intellectual property litigation: Unfair competition, trademark and copyright infringement, trade secret actions and restrictive covenants
Equally adept in arbitration, mediation and negotiation, Mr. Cochran tries to minimize costs and seek effective resolutions to disputes outside the courtroom. However, he won’t hesitate to represent his clients’ interests in court, when necessary. He functions as an arbitrator in the fee dispute arbitration program of the San Diego County Bar Association and works as a public arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
A cum laude law graduate of the University of San Diego School of Law, Mr. Cochran received his Juris Doctor in 2007 after completing his Bachelor of Science in 2003 followed by his master’s degree in economics in 2004 from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Early in his career, Mr. Cochran served as a judicial extern for the Honorable William McCurine, Jr. at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. He also worked at two other esteemed California law firms where he gained valuable experience handling complex business disputes and civil litigation cases involving securities and consumer class actions and shareholder derivative actions.
Licensed to practice in California since 2007, Mr. Cochran was authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office the same year. Additionally, he has handled a number of cases before the United States District Court for the Southern, Central, Northern and Eastern Districts of California.
Outside his law practice, Mr. Cochran gives back to his legal community by maintaining active memberships in the San Diego County Bar Association, the J. Clifford Wallace American Inn of Court and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, General litigation, Intellectual property litigation
- 40% Business litigation
- 30% General litigation
- 30% Intellectual property litigation
First Admitted: 2007, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.fitzgeraldknaier.com/attorney-profiles/keith-coc...
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2003
- University of California at Santa Barbara, M.A., Economics, 2004
- The attorney has a continuing obligation of confidentiality after the representation ends., Author, You Must Always Keep a Secret (even if the secret's out): The Attorney's Continuing Obligation of Confidentiality, Association of Business Trial Lawyers Report, 2016
- Under new law, foreign lawyers can represent foreign clients in a California arbitration., Author, California To See Rise In International Arbitrations, Association of Business Trial Lawyers Report, 2018
- , Best of the Bar, San Diego Business Journal, 2016
- , The Best Lawyers in America, The Best Lawyers in America, 2023
- , Super Lawyers, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2022
- , Super Lawyers, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2021
- , Super Lawyers, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2020
- , Rising Star, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2017
- , Rising Star, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2016
- , Rising Star, San Diego Super Lawyers, 2015
- , Best of the Bar, San Diego Business Journal, 2017
Office location for Keith M. Cochran
402 W Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101-8217
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2017