Leslie A. Ryland
Top rated Family Law attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaSchaffer Family Law Group, APC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in California since: 1989
Leslie A. Ryland is a principal attorney at the Schaffer Family Law Group, APC, located in San Diego, California. She focuses her practice on family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, highly contested matters, and complex financial issues, and she is certified as a family law specialist by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
An experienced mediator, Ms. Ryland prefers to work out cases in a cost-effective and less contentious manner. She has successfully mediated many family law cases and handled collaborative divorces but will not hesitate to fight it out in court when necessary.
Empathetic and compassionate, Ms. Ryland understands what families go through because of her personal experience with divorce. She is passionate about fighting for her clients’ rights and liberties at every stage. She started her legal career taking on transactional matters, estate planning and bankruptcy cases, and later was driven to help individuals and families going through a difficult phase in their lives because of family law related matters.
Ms. Ryland is the president-elect of the Collaborative Practice San Diego, which is an organization comprised of attorneys, mental health workers and financial advisers, through which she encourages collaborative processes and resolving family law issues in an amicable manner. She also was a board of directors member of the North County Bar Association.
Graduating summa cum laude, Ms. Ryland has a bachelor’s degree in European history from the University of California San Diego. She studied law at the University of California Los Angeles School of Law, obtaining her Juris Doctor.
In recognition of her exceptional work in the legal field, Ms. Ryland has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of family law for six consecutive years. She has also received an “Excellent” rating on Avvo.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1989, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sandiegofamilyattorneys.com/attorneys/leslie-ryl...
- Named as Super Lawyer in 2020
- Named to the Best Lawyers list every year since 2017
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., Summa cum laude, 1985, 1985
- Certified Family Law Specialist – California State Bar, June 2011, 2011
- Collaborative Practice California Conference XI: Flourishing in Collaborative Practice, 11th Annual Statewide Conference of Collaborative Professionals – April 29 to May 1, 2016 / Sofitel, Redwood City, 2016
- Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group – Two-Day Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training – January 22 to January 23, 2016 / Reno, NV, 2016
- Certified Family Law Specialist – California State Bar, 2011
- President-Elect of Collaborative Practice San Diego
- Board of Directors of the North County Bar Association since 2018
- Collaborative Practice San Diego, President, 2022
Office location for Leslie A. Ryland
12520 High Bluff Dr
San Diego, CA 92130
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023