Mark C. Mazzarella
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Diego, CA
Mark C. Mazzarella is a partner and co-founder of Mazzarella & Mazzarella, a San Diego, California law firm which represents individuals and companies of all sizes that are involved in business and real estate disputes. Mr. Mazzarella also represents clients in trust and probate litigation.
Mr. Mazzarella received his bachelor's degree from the United States International University, Cal. Western, where he graduated first in his class. He earned his law degree from the UCLA School of Law where he was a member of the UCLA Law Review and the Moot Court Honors Program and received the honor of giving the commencement address at UCLA Law School's 1978 graduation ceremonies.
Among many other bar related activities, Mr. Mazzarella is a member of the American Bar Association's Advisory Committee, was the chair of the 10,000 member Litigation Section of the California State Bar Association and served two terms as President of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers--San Diego. He also received the prestigious appointment as a lawyer representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference by the Chief Judge of the US District Court for the Southern District of California.
Mr. Mazzarella has been rated AV Preeminent, 5.0/5.0,* the highest possible rating, from the century old peer review service Martindale-Hubbell in both legal skills and ethics for 36 straight years, starting in just his second year in practice. He also has been named a San Diego "Super Lawyer" every year since 2007 when the firm of Thompson Reuters begin conducting its peer review survey. Currently, Mark Mazzarella and Daral Mazzarella are 2 of the only 17 lawyers, out of 16,000 attorneys in San Diego, who have that distinction in the Business Litigation category. Mr. Mazzarella also has been named a San Diego "Top Attorney" in the Commercial Litigation category in annual peer review surveys conducted by the San Diego Daily Transcript, and year after year is named among the "Best Attorneys" in San Diego by San Diego Magazine, The San Deigo Business Journal, The L.A. Times, L.A. Magazine, CNN and USA Today. He also has been listed in the real estate lawyer category every year a peer review poll has been conducted by "The Best of the US;" in some years Mr. Mazzarella has been the only real estate litigator in San Diego County on the list.
During his his career, Mr. Mazzarella has actively participated in the education and training of thousands of lawyers and judges. He has presented training programs to many of the largest law firms in Southern California, lectured for dozens of private and public bar associations, and has been asked to participate in the trial demonstration programs of the Litigation Section of the California Bar Association, and The Association of Business Trial attorneys more often than any other lawyer in Calilifornia. Mr. Mazzarella also is a New York Times and international best selling co-author, with renowned jury consultant, Jo-Ellan Dimitrius, of Reading People (Random House 1998) and Put Your Best Foot Forward (Simon & Schuster 2000).
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Mark C. Mazzarella
First Admitted: 1978, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.mazzarellalaw.com/attorney-profiles/mark-mazzarel...
- Top Attorneys in San Diego in “Corporate Litigation” category, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2006 & 2007
- “San Diego Super Lawyer”, Law & Politics, 2007
- "Super Lawyers", 2007 - 2011
- San Diego’s "Top Influentials", San Diego Daily Transcript, 2006
- “AV Preeminent”, 5.0 out of a possible 5.0, Martindale Hubbell
- Moot Court Honors Program, Member, U.C.L.A.
- Only real estate litigator in San Diego named among the best lawyers in the U.S. by "The Best of the U.S.", 2007
- Co-author, with renowned jury consultant Jo-Ellan Dimitrius, of the New York Timesand international bestseller, Reading People (Random House 1998), and Put Your Best Foot Forward (Simon & Schuster 2000), as well as scores of legal and lay article
- Faculty of the American Bar Association’s National Trial Institute, “How to Win A Business Jury Trial”
- Member of the U.C.L.A. Law Review, U.C.L.A.
- Participant, trial demonstration programs at the Annual Trial Seminar of The Litigation Section of The California State Bar
- Participant, trial demonstration programs at the The Association of Business Trial Lawyers' Annual Trial Symposium
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Pacific Scene Homes
- Davidson Communities
- Douglas Wilson Companies
- Arena Group 2000 (Ron and Ernie Hahn)
- Lambert Development
- The Manchester Financial Group
- Peter Janopaul
- Buehler v. Sbardellati
- Johnson v. Sheppard Mullen
- American Bar Association Advisory Panel, Member
- Guidelines for Ethics, Civility and Professionalism for the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Principal Draftsman, 1992-1993
- The Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Board of Directors
- California State Bar Association, Litigation Section, past Chair, 1988
- Chair, the ad hoc Committee on Bench/Bar relations for the San Diego County Superior and Municipal Courts, and the U.S. District Court and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association Annual Meeting, Floor Leader, 1985
- The Association of Business Trial Lawyers--San Diego, past President - two-term
- San Diego County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
- San Diego County Bar Association, Delegate, 1984
- American Bar Association, Advisory Panel Member
- United States International University, Cal Western, Honors: First in his class, 1975
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Appointed by the Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California to serve a three year term as a lawyer representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, 2007
- Appeared on programs such as "Larry King Live," "Hardball with Chris Mathews," "The O'Reilly Factor," "Saturday Morning with Tony Snow," "The Kathleen Crier Report," "The Edge with Paula Zahn," "The Dan Abrams Report," "EXTRA," and scores of other ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, MSNBC, CNBC and CNN news shows
Last Updated: 5/15/2022