Matthew C. Smith
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Diego, CA
Matthew C. Smith has extensive experience in all aspects of civil litigation, including trials, arbitrations, and mediations. Matt represents individuals and business clients on a wide variety of professional and business litigation matters. He has served as lead counsel or co-counsel in more than a dozen trials and arbitrations. Matt also handled several successful appeals and has argued before the Fourth District Court of Appeal.
Matt earned his Juris Doctor from Washington & Lee University School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Washington in Seattle, WA. While attending law school, Matt was awarded the American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence and won both the John W. Davis Moot Court Competition and the American Bar Association Negotiation Competition.
Matt’s primary focus is professional liability and business litigation matters. He is admitted to practice before all California State Courts and the U.S. District Court for the Southern & Central Districts of California.
About Matthew C. Smith
First Admitted: 2000, California
Professional Webpage: https://pettitkohn.com/attorneys/matthew-c-smith-esq/
- , Best Lawyers in America 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating - AV Preeminent
- American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter, Barrister
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers San Diego
- San Diego County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- University of Washington Alumni Association
- Washington & Lee Alumni Association
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Washington, B.A., 1996
Last Updated: 10/20/2021