Paul A. Reynolds
Top Rated Securities Litigation Attorney in San Diego, CA
Attorney Paul A. Reynolds is a partner with the Shustak Reynolds & Partners, P.C., law firm, which has law offices in San Diego, Los Angeles, Irvine and San Francisco, California, as well as New York, New York. Working primarily out of the firm's San Diego location, Mr. Reynolds has more than 24 years of legal experience, and he represents the rights and interests of clients throughout California, New York and the rest of the nation who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Complex business litigation
· Securities litigation
· Defense of SEC and FINRA investigations
· Consumer class actions
· Intellectual property litigation
Nationally regarded as one of the country's preeminent trial attorneys, Mr. Reynolds has achieved unprecedented success advocating on behalf of clients dealing with serious legal issues, such as partnership disputes, business torts, anti-SLAPP proceedings, RICO investigations and litigation, franchise law, insurance disputes, shareholder derivative actions, FINRA arbitration, regulatory compliance, patent and trademark infringements, and many other legal areas.
From his efforts, he has helped secure hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients while also saving his defendant clients considerable funds and assets, and allowing them to continue to operate within their industries. Moreover, he has also helped protect his clients' rights and preserve their freedom when dealing with criminal accusations involving securities fraud, insider trading and other federal investigations, and he has successfully defended numerous national corporations and publicly traded companies against a host of consumer class actions.
Widely regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Reynolds has written extensively and conducted lectures and seminars across the country on a variety of legal topics. He has also appeared on a number of local news outlets and in trade journals, where he has provided in-depth legal commentary on various subjects.
In recognition of his exemplary professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Reynolds holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has received consistent designation from The Best Lawyers in America each year since 2018. He has also received many other accolades from his peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1991 graduate of The University of Arizona, Mr. Reynolds attended California Western School of Law on a full academic scholarship and obtained his Juris Doctor summa cum laude in 1995. While in law school, he served on the Executive Board for the California Western Law Review, and he was a member of the National Moot Court Team.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
About Paul A. Reynolds
First Admitted: 1995, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.shufirm.com/paul-reynolds
- AV-Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Panelist, "Effective Presentation and Use of Technology in the Court Room," Association of Business Trial Lawyers' Annual All-Chapter Retreat in Maui, HI
- In-studio Panelist, KPBS’s These Days
- Sauder v. Rayman, 800 So. 2d 355 (Fl. Ct. App. 2001)
- Miller v. NTN Communications, Inc., 1999 WL 817217 (S.D. Cal. May 21, 1999)
- Osher v. JNI Corp., 256 F. Supp. 2d 1145 (S.D. Cal. 2003)
- ASI Acquisition, LLC v. Rayman, 2002 WL 335311 (N.D. Ill. Feb. 28, 2002)
- In re NextCard, Inc. Sec. Litig., 2003 WL 23142199 (N.D. Cal. Sept. 17, 2003); 2006 WL 708663 (N.D. Cal. March 20 2006)
- In re REMEC, Inc. Sec. Litig., 388 F. Supp. 2d 1170 (S.D. Cal. 2005)
- Grossett v. Wenaas, 35 Cal. Rptr. 3d 58 (Cal. Ct. App. 2005)
- Campos v. Failla, et al., 2016 WL 1241545, (S.D. Cal. March 30, 2016)
- National Franchisee Association v. Burger King Corp., 715 F. Supp. 2d 1232 (S.D. Fla. 2010)
- T&S Enterprises v. Sumitomo Corp. of America, 2011 WL 1768770 (S.D. Cal. May 9, 2011)
- Swortwood v. Tenedora de Empresas, S.A. de C.V., 2014 WL 1664480 (9th Cir. April 28, 2014)
- Keating v. Jastremski, 2016 WL 5338072 (S.D. Cal. Sept. 23, 2016)
- Barack v. Seward & Kissel, LLP, 2017 WL 4023141 (S.D.N.Y. Sept. 12, 2017)
- In re Cannavest Corp. Sec. Litig., 307 F. Supp. 3d (S.D.N.Y. 2018)
- Member, California State Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Chapter No. 9, Louis M. Welsh Chapter
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member of Board of Governors, San Diego Chapter, 2016-present
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- University of Arizona, B.A., 1991
- Shustak Reynolds celebrating a beautiful SD afternoon with cocktails near the downtown office overlooking the harbo… https://t.co/zzYNdCeAvk
- In the News: Requirements of New Prohibited Transaction Exemption PTE 2020-02 https://t.co/PJrdt3CaMf
- On the Blog: FA Transition Bonuses On the Rise: What Was Old is New Again https://t.co/keitVm2da0
- On the Blog: Investors Still in the Dark over GWG Holdings “L” Bond Payments https://t.co/4wsXPm9LBw
- On the Blog: Is My NDA Enforceable? Recent Developments in California Law https://t.co/zI8A8GIH7G
Last Updated: 5/15/2022