Peter J. Schulz
Top rated Insurance Coverage attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaSchulz Brick & Rogaski
As managing partner of Schulz Brick & Rogaski, Peter J. Schulz handles cases of bad faith insurance and insurance coverage, and represents the people of San Diego. With over 25 years with the firm, Mr. Schulz has been named by the San Diego Business Journal as the Best of the Bar, by the San Diego Daily Transcript as San Diego’s top attorneys for insurance law and was featured as the Niche Practitioner of the Month by the San Diego Attorney Journal.
Mr. Schulz’s practice areas include serious personal injury, products liability, litigation for the construction industry, real property litigation, business litigation and insurance coverage, and analysis and opinions. In 1989, he graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in mathematics from St. Olaf College. After graduation, he attended California Western School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1993.
For his legal and trial practice skills in law school, Mr. Schulz was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award. He is admitted to practice in California, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. Known for his extensive knowledge of insurance law, he has been coverage counsel for a long list of individuals and companies.
A former president of the San Diego Barristers Club, Mr. Schulz is also a member of the San Diego Chapter of the Community Associations Institute. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, Mr. Schulz holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasInsurance Coverage, General Litigation, Construction Litigation: Business
Bad Faith Insurance, Construction Defects, Insurance, Litigation
- 70% Insurance Coverage
- 20% General Litigation
- 10% Construction Litigation: Business
First Admitted: 1993, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sbrlawsd.com/team/schulz
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- San Diego Chapter for the Community Associations Institute, Member
- San Diego Barristers Club, President, 1998-1999
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- California, 1993
- AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Practice and Legal Skills, California Western School of Law
- San Diego's Top Attorneys, Insurance Law, 2009
- Saint Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, Mathematics, 1989, 1989
- California Western School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1993
- $1 Million Settlement for single family luxury homeowner arising out of defectively designed and installed windows., 2012
- Defense jury verdict on behalf of large national retailer in premises liability matter, Federal Court., 2012
- $150,000 Settlement for insured in breach of the duty to defend action arising out of a professional liability carriers refusal to defend a mortgage loan broker., 2010
- Verdict in favor of insured in declaratory relief and reimbursement action brought by carrier. Court found in favor of insured on all claims., 2011
Office location for Peter J. Schulz
600 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2017, 2023 - 2024