Philip C. Tencer
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaTencerSherman LLP
A partner at TencerSherman LLP law firm in San Diego, California, Philip C. Tencer is a business litigation attorney, assisting clients in the Southern California region. His practice area concentrates on the following areas of law:
· Intellectual property disputes
· Securities litigation
· Employment law
· Contract disputes
· Business torts
· Partnership disputes
· Commercial lending and financing disputes
· Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) disputes
Mr. Tencer earned his bachelor’s degree with a double major in economics and philosophy from the University of California, San Diego in 1990. He then studied law at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, where he served as an articles editor for the California Law Review and competed nationally as part of the Boalt Hall Moot Court Team.
Graduating magna cum laude with his law degree in 1994, Mr. Tencer was admitted to practice the same year in California. He is also admitted to appear before the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California, the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Well-experienced in handling complex commercial litigation and business disputes, Mr. Tencer has handled several cases involving technology such as telecommunications, computer software and more. He has successfully represented clients in lawsuits and his extensive work with expert witnesses and e-discovery efforts resulted in multimillion-dollar settlements.
Rated “Excellent” on Avvo, Mr. Tencer has a vast knowledge of the law that he shares through lectures and seminars, and by writing several articles on topics related to trade secret litigation and securities litigation. Actively involved in his legal circle, he is a member of the American Bar Association, the San Diego County Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Civil Litigation: Defense, Intellectual Property Litigation, Securities Litigation
- 60% Business Litigation
- 20% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Intellectual Property Litigation
- 10% Securities Litigation
First Admitted: 1994, California
Professional Webpage: https://tencersherman.com/attorneys/philip-c-tencer/
- California; U.S. District Court Central District of California; U.S. District Court Eastern District of California; U.S. District Court Northern District of California; U.S. District Court Southern District of California; U.S. District Court District of Arizona; U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- B.S. in Economics and Philosophy from the University of California, San Diego, 1990
- Five figure settlement in a case where plaintiffs demanded damages over $5 million, 2021
Office location for Philip C. Tencer
12520 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2020 - 2024