Thomas B. Gorrill
Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in San Diego, CaliforniaLaw Office of Thomas Barr Gorrill
Completing over 40 years of law practice, attorney Thomas B. Gorrill serves law at the Law Office of Thomas B. Gorrill, located in San Diego, California. He handles all types of bankruptcy matters including Chapter 7, Chapter 13 and Chapter 11 cases, primarily in the San Diego region. He stands with those who have incurred major medical expenses, job loss or divorce in cases in which bankruptcy relief might be an option.
Mr. Gorrill enrolled at the Florida International University and graduated with his bachelor’s degree in history, with minors in political science and economics in 1975. He went on to complete his Doctor of Jurisprudence at the California Western School of Law in 1981. Licensed by The State Bar of California, he served as a collections counsel at a San Diego corporation and as a contract manager for a software firm. Years later, he began private practice and started helping his clients with matters regarding creditor and debtor rights along with civil litigation.
Practicing solo for over three decades, Mr. Gorrill represents bankruptcy trustees, businesses, owners, stakeholders and other individuals in complex cases including Chapter 11 reorganizations. He takes on cases involving objections to the debtor’s discharge and decisions such as evaluating whether the debt can be discharged in bankruptcy. As a resolute and confident attorney, he does not back down from complicated litigation or courtroom trials.
Furthermore, Mr. Gorrill has secured certificates in bankruptcy litigation from the National Institute for Trial Advocacy and the College of Advocacy – San Diego Inns of Court. He also holds memberships in the San Diego Bankruptcy Forum and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Gorrill has received an “Excellent” rating on Avvo. He is authorized to practice before the U.S. federal courts and the U.S. Supreme Court, and is admitted to appear before the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Thomas B. Gorrill is a debt relief agent. He helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasBankruptcy: Consumer
- 100% Bankruptcy: Consumer
First Admitted: 1982, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sandiego-bankruptcy.com/attorney/gorrill-thomas-...
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV
- San Diego Inns of Court College of Advocacy
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy – Bankruptcy Litigation
- In re: Sandoval, 186 B.R. 490
- In re: Beaty, 306 F.3d 914
- In re: Beaty, 268 B.R. 839
- In re: Emelity, 251 B.R. 151
- Florida International University, B.A., 1975
- California, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1982
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1982
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- San Diego County Bankruptcy Forum
- San Diego Bankruptcy Forum, Member, 2019
- Advisory Board to the Bankruptcy Self-Help Center, Member, 2019
- and Chapter 11
- Chapter 13
- Chapter 7
Office location for Thomas B. Gorrill
2341 Jefferson St
San Diego, CA 92110
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2024