Vincent J. Bartolotta, Jr.
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Diego, CA
Attorney Vincent Bartolotta, Jr., is a founding partner of the Van Tubergen & Treutler, PLLC, law firm in San Diego, California. Nationally recognized as one of the top trial lawyers in the country and possessing more than 48 years of legal experience, Mr. Bartolotta focuses his practice primarily on plaintiff litigation involving a wide range of issues and disputes, including all of the following:
- Personal injury
- Business litigation
- Products liability
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Eminent domain and condemnation issues
- Professional negligence
The son of a Pennsylvania coal miner and veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, Mr. Bartolotta understands the value of hard work and service, and he has a selfless devotion to helping those in need. These values have greatly influenced his practice, and he finds great reward in being able to help protect and preserve the rights, interests and entitlements of individuals victimized by others' negligence or wrongdoing.
An advocate for the underdog, Mr. Bartolotta has achieved notable success representing those who think they have no legal recourse for their situations, whether that is a business owner facing condemnation proceedings or an individual or family suffering from a debilitating injury or devastating loss caused by someone else. In all cases, Mr. Bartolotta deeply cares about his clients' needs, and he has earned a reputation as a compassionate lawyer who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcome possible for his plaintiff clients both inside and outside the courtroom.
As evidence of his success, Mr. Bartolotta has earned numerous awards and honors throughout his career. For the past 30 years, he has received recognition from The Best Lawyers in America, and he has earned top attorney designations from the San Diego Daily Transcript, The National Lawyers Association, the American Trial Lawyers Association, Los Angeles Magazine, American Lawyer Media and others. He also holds an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has received the Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award many times since 1981.
Mr. Bartolotta graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 1967, and he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1970. The State Bar of California admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia as well as before the U.S. Court of Military Appeals.
Mr. Bartolotta is the former president of Consumer Attorneys of San Diego and the American Board of Trial Advocates, and he maintains active involvement in several other local, state and national bar associations.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Business Litigation
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Eminent Domain
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
- Top 50: 2022 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2013 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2012 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2011 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2010 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2009 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2009 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2008 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2008 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2007 San Diego Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2007 San Diego Super Lawyers
Certificates and Credentials
Articles about Vincent J. Bartolotta, Jr. appearing in Super Lawyers
About Vincent J. Bartolotta, Jr.
First Admitted: 1970, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.tbmlawyers.com/attorney/bartolotta-vincent-j-jr/
- Please refer to the firm's website www.tbmlawyers.com
- Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers’ 2012 San Diego Real Estate Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers’ 2012 San Diego Real Estate Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2012
- Recognized as one of San Diego's Top influentials among leaders in industry, medicine and law., Top Influential, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2009
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past President of Rancho Santa Fe Youth; member and Chairman of the Board of Directors of St. Vincent de Paul Village; Chairman of the St. Vincent de Paul Father Joe $150,000,000 Capital Campaign; member of the American Ireland Fund, San Diego Chapter, is a member of the Century Club, and is a member of the Board of Directors of the Nice Guys
- 2010 Selection to Statewide Board of Directors, California ABOTA2008 San Diego County Bar Association's Outstanding Attorney of the Year2008/09 San Diego Daily Transcript's "Top Influential"
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Daily Transcript's "San Diego Top Attorney" recognition, 2010
- San Diego County Bar Association's Outstanding Attorney of the Year Award., 2008
- American Inn Of Court
- Fellow Roscoe Pound Foundation
Last Updated: 5/15/2022