Adrian J. Sawyer
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaSawyer & Labar LLP
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Employment & Labor, Estate & Trust Litigation
Licensed in California since: 1999
An esteemed business and employment litigation attorney, Adrian J. Sawyer is a partner at Sawyer & Labar LLP. He represents clients across the country in complex and high-stakes matters that include trade secrets, defending businesses against wage and hour claims, and handling corporate governance disputes.
Mr. Sawyer’s clientele ranges from startup businesses to Fortune 500 companies to multinational corporations. His impressive track record of success includes aggressively litigating cases in state and federal courts. In every issue, he uses creative tactics to develop efficient solutions for clients.
In 1996, Mr. Sawyer earned an undergraduate degree from Princeton University. He then graduated magna cum laude with a Juris Doctor from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1999. While there, he served as the senior articles editor for the school’s law review and was invited to join the Order of the Coif. He also held a clerkship with a federal judge in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Today, Mr. Sawyer is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
A published author and frequent guest speaker, Mr. Sawyer is a member of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, the American Bar Association and The Bar Association of San Francisco.
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sawyerlabar.com/adrian-sawyer
- “SEC Investigations: What to Do When Investigators Call,” East Bay Business Times, Legal Issues Guide, March 25, 2005
- Speaker, Trade Secrets Litigation and Unfair Competition
- Contributing Editor, Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition Chapter, Rutter Group California Practice Guide on Employment Litigation
- Senior Articles Editor, Hastings Law Journal, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- “Defending Your Client in The New World of SEC Enforcement,” 33rd Annual Securities Regulation Institute, January 2006
- “Recent Litigation Victories Against The SEC,” 33rd Annual Securities Regulation Institute, January 2006
- “Friese v. Superior Court and Grosset v. Wenaas: The Future of the Internal Affairs Doctrine in California,” Securities Litigation Report, February 2006
- Presenter, Bridgeport Class Action Litigation Conference
- Presenter, Internet Privacy Issues, Masters Conference
- Contributing Editor, California Practice Guide on Employment Litigation (The Rutter Group)
- Panelist, “The Exchange” for E-Discovery for the Corporate Market for Today’s General Council and Institute regarding New Federal Rules and Cross-border disputes, Houston, TX
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court of California / California State Courts
- Princeton University, A.B., 1996
- Order of the Coif, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2019
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023