Amie D. Miller
Top rated immigration attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaLaw Office of Amie D. Miller
Amie D. Miller is an immigration attorney practicing in San Francisco, California. As the founder of the Law Office of Amie D. Miller, Ms. Miller handles family immigration, citizenship and asylum matters, serving clients throughout the entire San Francisco Bay Area, including Berkeley, Daly City, Marin, Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose and San Mateo.
Ms. Miller has over 20 years of experience, focusing her practice exclusively on immigration law since 1999. She provides personalized attention to each of her clients, providing compassionate and dedicated representation. She firmly believes in the rights of immigrants and advocates strongly on behalf of those she serves.
An active member of the San Francisco legal community, Ms. Miller lectures at immigration seminars and is a former district counsel liaison for the American Immigration Lawyers Association Northern California Chapter. Dedicated to pro bono work, in 2001 she received the Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services. She volunteers for the Immigrant Legal Defense Program and is a mentor attorney for the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
Ms. Miller received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and a Master of Law degree from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law. She earned her law degree from Stetson University College of Law.
Ms. Miller holds a license to practice law in California, as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Practice areasImmigration: consumer
Asylum, Naturalization & citizenship
- 100% Immigration: consumer
First Admitted: 1996, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.immigrate-us.net/Attorney/
- I regularly lecture on asylum law with legal organizations including the Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights and the Aids Legal Referral Panel.
- Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights: Mentor Attorney and Lecturer
- AIDS Legal Referral Panel: Mentor Attorney and Lecturer
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- California, 1997
- Florida, 1996
- Board of the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom, 1999 - 2002
- Board of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Northern California Chapter, District Counsel Liaison, 2001 - 2002
- I served on the Board of the American Immigration Lawyers' Association, Northern California, as District Counsel Liaison, and also served on the Board of the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1998 - Present
- Regular Volunteer, Immigration Project Legal Clinic
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services, 2001
- I won the Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services in 2001, and regularly volunteer for immigration legal clinics. I also serve as a mentor to pro bono counsel for the Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights and the Aids Legal Referral Panel.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California, LL.M.
- University of Florida, B.A.
- Wiley Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services, Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights, 2001
- Certified Specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization., 2002
Office location for Amie D. Miller
369 Pine Street Suite 725
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023