Andrew J. Wiegel
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Andrew partners with discerning real estate and small business clients in achieving their goals and objectives by identifying and explaining risks, presenting alternatives, and providing the highest quality representation in litigation and dispute resolution. He has been voted a Super Lawyer every year since 2004 and is the San Francisco real estate member for the prestigious International Network of Boutique Law Firms.
About Andrew J. Wiegel
First Admitted: 1977, California
Professional Webpage: http://wiegellawgroup.com/about/
- Andrew is often asked to speak to issues of real estate law for real estate professional organizations and attorney audiences. He is regularly consulted by colleagues and managing real estate brokers on the rights of parties to real estate transactions, insurance coverage disputes and landlord-tenant relations. Andrew is a member of the Real Estate Law Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco, where he was past chair and Delegate to the State Bar Conference of Delegates representing the Bar Association of San Francisco on matters of real estate law reform. He is also a member of the Real Estate Section of the State Bar of California and many industry groups including the San Francisco Apartment Association, the Coalition for Better Housing and the Professional Property Managers Association
Pro bono/Community Service
- Andrew volunteers as an Arbitrator in real estate cases for the Marin County Superior Court. He also volunteered for many years as a Judge pro tempore for the San Francisco Municipal Court. He has the additional experience and perspective as a litigator which comes from having presided over jury trials in tort and construction cases as a pro-bono judge.
- A native San Franciscan, Andrew went to the School of Hard Knocks, working as a street mechanic, handyman and construction tradesman while earning a Bachelors Degree and then a Masters Degree in Psychology at San Francisco State University. He completed law school at Golden Gate University in 2 ½ years, and began practice as a solo practitioner with former classmates and customers as his first clients.
- The prestigious International Network of Boutique Law Firms has honored Andrew by adding him and his firm to its hand selected group of preeminent specialty law firms. The firm is the San Francisco member for referrals of real estate matters and related disputes for the more than 300 member firms of the network.
- Andrew has been voted a Northern California "Super Lawyer" every year that the survey has been conducted. Andrew has held the highest available rating of AV from Martindale-Hubbell for over two decades.
- Andrew has authored standard reference texts widely relied upon by other lawyers to handle real estate disputes in California. He is a coauthor of California Real Property Remedies and Damages, second edition, and California Landlord-Tenant Practice, second edition, both published by Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) of the Regents of the University of California.
- Bar Association Of San Francisco
- International Network Of Boutique Law Firms
- Professional Property Management Association Of San Francisco
- San Francisco Apartment Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022