Andrew M. Zacks
Top rated real estate attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaZacks, Freedman & Patterson, PC
Practice Areas: Real estate, Appellate, Land use & zoning
Licensed in California since: 1990
Education: Santa Clara University School of Law
As managing shareholder of Zacks, Freedman & Patterson, PC, Andrew M. Zacks handles matters of real estate law, landlord/tenant issues and land use and zoning throughout Northern California. His practice focus also includes appellate law, property rights, land use regulation and land use permitting. With over 20 years of experience in this specific legal area, he regularly deals with challenges and appeals to administrative decisions and local ordinances.
In 1983, Mr. Zacks graduated from the University of California with a Bachelor of Science. He then attended Santa Clara University School of Law, where he graduated with honors in 1987 and earned his Juris Doctor. While in law school, he was a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for copyright law.
Mr. Zacks is admitted to practice in the state of California and before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. A member of the American Bar Association and The Bar Association of San Francisco, Mr. Zacks has been a panelist and lecturer for the annual seminar of The Bar Association of San Francisco. He also serves as a real estate dispute mediator for The Bar Association of San Francisco’s Early Settlement Program.
Before the Supreme Court of California and the California Courts of Appeal, Mr. Zacks has won more than 24 victories and has litigated successfully before local administrative tribunals. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 1989
Professional Webpage: https://www.zfplaw.com/About/Andrew-M-Zacks.shtml
- Super Lawyers, 2014 - 2020
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2004 - 2007 & 2011 - 2013
- Martindale Hubbell: rated AV® Preeminent™
- Lecturer/panelist, San Francisco Bar Association’s Annual Seminar on “Recent Developments and Hot Topics in San Francisco Landlord Tenant Law Practice”
- Citizens for Better Streets v. Board of Sup’rs of City and County, (2004) 117 Cal.App.4th 1
- DeLaura v. Beckett, (2006) 137 Cal.App.4th 542
- Empress LLC v. City and County of San Francisco, (9th Cir. 2005) 419 F.3d 1052
- Small Property Owners of San Francisco v. City and County of San Francisco, (2006) 141 Cal.App.4th 1388
- Zanelli v. McGrath, (2008) 166 Cal.App.4th 615
- Delois v. Barrett Block Partners, (2009) 177 Cal.App.4th 940
- Daro v. Superior Court, (2007) 151 Cal.App.4th 1079
- Ching v. San Francisco Board of Permit Appeals (Harsch Investment Corp.), (1998) 60 Cal.App.4th 888
- Birkner v. Lam, (2007) 156 Cal.App.4th 275
- Johnson v. City and County of San Francisco, (2006) 137 Cal.App.4th 7
- Reidy v. City and County of San Francisco, (2004) 123 Cal.App.4th 580, 587
- Tenderloin Housing Clinic, Inc. v. Astoria Hotel, (2000) 83 Cal.App.4th 139
- Tom v. City and County of San Francisco, (2004) 120 Cal.App.4th 674
- San Remo Hotel v. City and County of San Francisco, (2005) 545 U.S. 323
- Drouet v. Superior Court, (2003) 31 Cal.4th 583
- University of California, Santa Cruz, B.S., 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- American Bar Association, Member
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2007, 2011 - 2022