Charles H. DeLacey
Top rated Family Law attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaDeLacey, Riebel & Shindell
Charles provides discreet and skillful advocacy for clients facing divorce or post-divorce litigation throughout Northern California. Charles represents clients in cases involving business ownership interests, private equity, venture capital, real estate, complex executive compensation, and other sophisticated financial issues. Such cases often involve complex asset valuation and division issues coupled with more complicated spousal and child support issues. Charles frequently coordinates teams of forensic accountants, business, and real estate valuation to achieve his clients' financial objectives.
Charles regularly represents clients negotiating pre- and post-marital agreements to protect and divide estates for marital or estate planning purposes.
Charles is a talented trial attorney and completed his first jury trial in 1994. He has represented clients through judgment each year since. However, like most dissolution attorneys, Charles settles most of his cases, but his willingness and ability to take issues to trial greatly benefits his clients while in the settlement stage of cases.
Charles represents clients in mediations, arbitrations, private judge proceedings, and court trials in all Bay Area counties.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
First Admitted: 1994, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.drsfamilylaw.com/our-attorneys/charles-delacey
- Years Selected to the Super Lawyers List, 2010 - 2021, SuperLawyers
- Public and private company executives, business owners, VC and private equity partners, real estate developers, and the spouses of such individuals.
- Obtained successful trial verdicts in complex business valuation, stock options, property division, spousal support, and child custody matters.
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon - J.D.
- University of Oregon, Eugene, OR – B.S.
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), Fellow
- International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL), Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America (LCA), Fellow
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Member
- CalCPA Family Law and Business Valuation Sections, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Certified Family Law Specialist, California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
Office location for Charles H. DeLacey
180 Montgomery St
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2023
Top ListsTop 100: Northern California Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
Certificates and credentials