Christa M. Anderson
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Attorney Christa M. Anderson is a partner with the Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP law firm in San Francisco, California. Nationally ranked as among the leading trial lawyers in the country, Ms. Anderson has more than 27 years of total legal experience, and she provides unmatched counsel and support to clients across her region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Antitrust matters
· Consumer and class actions
· Contracts and commercial transactions
· Intellectual property
As an attorney, Ms. Anderson has worked with some of the largest corporations in America, including tech giants and health care companies, and she credits her mathematics background with helping her better connect and address the intellectual property needs of her clients. She has also litigated many complex civil matters in state and federal courts, and she has extensive experience handling mediations and arbitrations.
At all turns, Ms. Anderson delivers the highly personalized counsel her clients need to make the best informed decisions, and she has become known for her outstanding problem-solving skills as well as her unwavering commitment at helping her clients obtain their goals and the favorable outcomes they seek, efficiently and cost-effectively.
Honored for her remarkable professionalism and service, Ms. Anderson has earned an AV Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America©. In addition, the Daily Journal named her one of the Top Women Lawyers and Top IP Lawyers in the state, and Law360 named her one of the Most Influential Women in IP Law.
A 1991 summa cum laude graduate of Wellesley College, Ms. Anderson obtained her Juris Doctor cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1994. She holds her license to practice in Massachusetts as well as in California, and she is an active member of various local, state and national legal organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLCs.
About Christa M. Anderson
First Admitted: 1994, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.keker.com/Lawyers/Anderson-Christa
- Top Women Lawyers in California, Daily Journal, 2017
- Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, Member
- Top 20 Lawyers Under 40 in California, Daily Journal, 2007
- Rated AV® Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Board of Governors, California Women Lawyers, 2011-2014
- Women Leaders in the Law, ALM, 2014
- 20 Most Influential Women In IP Law by Law360, 2014
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial and Intellectual Property Litigation, 2011 - present
- World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, IAM Patent 1000, 2015
- BTI Client Service All-Star, 2015
- Women Leaders in Tech Law, The Recorder, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
- IP Stars, Managing IP (MIP) Magazine, 2016
- Litigator of the Week, AmLaw, 2016
- California's Top IP Lawyers, Daily Journal, 2015 - 2017
- Top 250 Women in IP, Managing IP (MIP) Magazine, 2017
- Litigation Star and Top 250 Women in Litigation, Benchmark Litigation, 2019
- California Lawyer of the Year, Intellectual Property, Daily Journal, 2017
- California, Massachusetts
- Wellesley College, B.A., summa cum laude, 1991
Last Updated: 2/17/2022